LONDON, Aug. 2, 2012 /CNW/ -
- Royal Mail will have available by lunchtime tomorrow a Gold Medal stamp to celebrate Helen Glover and Heather Stanning's gold medal win in the Women's Pair rowing final.
- The gold medal win makes Helen and Heather the first all-female sports team to appear on a Royal Mail stamp
- This is Team GB's first Gold Medal moment at London 2012, and the first stamp Royal Mail has produced within 24 hours.
- The stamp will be on sale in over 500 Post Office branches, including in Helen's home town of Penzance and Reading, Berkshire where the pair live.
- A fleet of 90 Royal Mail vehicles will deliver the stamps across the UK to over 500 Post Offices to be on sale by lunchtime tomorrow.
- Royal Mail will also paint a much-loved red post box gold in each of their hometowns of Lossiemouth, Moray and Penzance, Cornwall to celebrate their gold medal win
To celebrate Team GB's first gold medal moment at London 2012, Royal Mail will produce a stamp in 24 hours to honour Helen and Heather's gold medal triumph in the Women's Pair Rowing.
To view the Multimedia News Release, please click:
The gold medal win makes Helen and Heather the first members of Team GB to appear on Royal Mail's Gold Medal stamps and the first all-women sports team ever to appear on a Royal Mail stamp. They are also the first ever British gold medallists in women's Olympic rowing.
Moya Greene, Royal Mail Chief Executive, said: "We're delighted to be issuing these very special Gold Medal stamps to recognise our Olympic champion UK athletes.
"This is a first for Royal Mail and we are proud to play our part in celebrating the many victories this summer.
"We will be printing millions of stamps to enable customers to celebrate these sporting successes and I'm sure they will be treasured as unique souvenirs of Team GB's victories for years to come."
Royal Mail will also paint one of its much-loved red post boxes gold in the pair's hometowns of Lossiemouth and Penzance to celebrate their win.
The stamps will be on sale by lunchtime tomorrow in over 500 Post Offices across the UK. Customers can also purchase the stamps from tomorrow at http://www.royalmail.com/goldmedalstamps
SOURCE: Royal Mail
For further information: