Six panelists will discuss economic opportunities and the barriers to achieving them
Thursday April 2, 2015, Fairmont Royal York Hotel, Ballroom, Noon to 2:00pm
Media invited to attend with photographers and videographers. Q&A following the event. Lunch provided. Full media connections provided.
TORONTO, April 2, 2015 /CNW/ - Today, The Empire Club of Canada will host six distinguished leaders from Northern Ontario's business, government, and First Nations communities to discuss economic opportunities in the North, the barriers to achieving them, and how to overcome them.
The scheduled panelists are:
- GERARD PANNETON. Founder and former CEO, Detour Gold
- DAVE CANFIELD, Mayor of Kenora, President, Northern Ontario Municipal Association (NOMA)
- AL SPACEK, Mayor of Kapuskasing, President, Federation of Northern Ontario Municipalities (FONOM)
- LAWRENCE MARTIN, Grand Chief, Mushkegowuk Council, (Attawapiskat First Nation, Chapleau Cree, Fort Albany First Nation, Kashechewan First Nation, Missanabie Cree, Moose Cree First Nation, Taykwa Tagamou First Nation), and Weenusk First Nation)
- JAMIE LIM, President & CEO, Ontario Forest Industries Association (OFIA)
- JOELLE FAULKNER, President, AreaOne Farms
Empire Club President-Elect, Ted Griffith, will moderate the panel.
Also scheduled to attend as a Head Table guest is Ontario's Minister of Northern Development and Mines, and Regional Minister for the North, the Honourable MICHAEL GRAVELLE. Other elected and non-elected government officials from Northern Ontario communities such as Cochrane will also be attending.
Media are invited to attend as guests of The Empire Club of Canada by calling Taylor Reid at 416.364.2878 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lunch will be provided. Media are invited to attend with photographers and videographers. Q&A with the panelists will following the event.
SOURCE The Empire Club of Canada
For further information: Taylor Reid, Public Relations Manager, The Empire Club of Canada, 416.364.2878, email@example.com