WINNIPEG, Sept. 24, 2013 /CNW/ - Protein content data from the 2013 Canada Western Red Spring wheat harvest are available today at www.grainscanada.gc.ca.
Preliminary data on protein and functional parameters will be updated every Tuesday as samples are received until the 2013 Harvest Sample Program ends on November 1, 2013. Quality test results on regional composites include analyses of whole grain, flour, and dough parameters for red spring wheat.
Quality parameters for both wheat and flour will be released for each of 10 crop regions as soon as sufficient representative samples are received, made into composites and analysed.
New this year, a graph shows 10-year average protein content in No. 1 and No. 2 Canada Western Red Spring wheat by region.
Released in phases
The data will be released in 3 phases:
- Protein content only by crop region and grade, based on individual samples received. Data will be updated weekly.
- Key functional parameters by crop region and grade, based on regional composites, when sufficient representative samples from each crop region have been received and composites have been made for analysis.
- Comprehensive quality analysis by grade with protein segregation based on final composites of all regions.
Harvest Sample Program
Grain producers participate voluntarily in the program. They submit representative samples of their crops to the Canadian Grain Commission. We combine samples by crop, class and grade and analyse quality parameters that reflect end-use quality and performance. The data are used by marketers, millers, bakers, brewers and food manufacturers both domestically and internationally.
About the Canadian Grain Commission
The Canadian Grain Commission is the federal agency for establishing and maintaining Canada's grain quality standards. Its programs result in shipments of grain that consistently meet contract specifications for quality, safety and quantity. The Canadian Grain Commission regulates the grain industry to protect producers' rights and ensure the integrity of grain transactions.
- Harvest and export quality reports http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/quality-qualite/geuq-quf-eng.htm
- Preliminary Canada Western Red Spring quality data http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/wheat-ble/harvest-recolte/2013/wheat-ble-cwrs-eng.htm
- Subscribe to RSS feed for quality of Canadian wheat updates http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/rss/hqw-qrb-eng.xml
SOURCE: Canadian Grain Commission
For further information:
Program Manager/Head of Crops Section, Analytical Services
Canadian Grain Commission
Email: [email protected]