WINNIPEG, Oct. 1, 2013 /CNW/ - Protein content data from the 2013 Canada Western Amber Durum harvest from 1 crop region have just been released at www.grainscanada.gc.ca.
Preliminary data will be updated every Tuesday as samples are received until the 2013 Harvest Sample Program ends.
Quality data on amber durum wheat from 4 crop regions will be released in 3 phases:
- Protein content only by crop region and grade, based on individual samples received. Data will be updated weekly.
- Key functional parameters by crop region and grade, based on regional composites, when sufficient representative samples from each crop region have been received and composites have been made for analysis.
- Comprehensive quality analysis by grade based on final composites of all regions, as provided in previous years.
Quality test results in phase 2 will include test weight, hard vitreous kernel percentages, kernel weight, ash content, falling number and wheat pigment content.
New this year, a table showing 10-year average protein content in No. 1 and No. 2 Canada Western Amber Durum by region is available.
Harvest Sample Program
Grain producers participate voluntarily in the program. They submit samples of their crops to the Canadian Grain Commission. We combine samples by crop, class and grade and analyse quality parameters that reflect end-use quality and performance. These data are used by marketers, millers, bakers, brewers and food manufacturers both domestically and internationally.
About the Canadian Grain Commission
The Canadian Grain Commission is the federal agency for establishing and maintaining Canada's grain quality standards. Its programs result in shipments of grain that consistently meet contract specifications for quality, safety and quantity. The Canadian Grain Commission regulates the grain industry to protect producers' rights and ensure the integrity of grain transactions.
- 10-year average protein content in Canada Western Amber Durum
- Harvest and export quality reports
- Preliminary Canada Western Red Spring quality data
- Preliminary Canada Western Amber Durum quality data
- Subscribe to RSS feed for quality of Canadian wheat updates
SOURCE: Canadian Grain Commission
For further information:
Program Manager/Head of Crops Section, Analytical Services
Canadian Grain Commission
Email: [email protected]