– Discovery completes season in #1 spot among key Adults 25-54 demo for full broadcast day; ranks #1 in primetime among total viewers and key demos –
– Flagship program DAILY PLANET back with new episodes following record-breaking 20th anniversary season –
– New fall season now underway across Discovery's suite of networks –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1QhNILu
TORONTO, Sept. 16, 2015 /CNW/ - With the 2014/15 broadcast year now in the rearview mirror, final data from Numeris confirms Discovery is #1 in viewership among Canadian entertainment specialty channels – both in primetime and for the full broadcast day – in the key Adults 25-54 demo. The final data also confirms the network maintained its #1 position in primetime with total viewers and in the key Adults 25-54 and Adults 18-49 demos. This latest data further affirms Discovery's overall market leadership following last month's announcement of a record year of growth for Discovery's suite of digital networks in 2015/16.
"Uniquely positioned in the market, Discovery provides a diverse slate of factual content across all of our properties, making us stand out in a very competitive Canadian specialty television market," said Ken MacDonald, Vice-President, Programming, Discovery. "We're moving full steam ahead on an incredible fall season chock-full of Canadian exclusives, including the upcoming premiere of CANADA'S WORST DRIVER on October 26."
Anchored by a rich and robust lineup of Canadian programs, Discovery and its suite of channels are in full swing with the new 2015/16 broadcast season:
- On the heels of its most-watched season ever, DAILY PLANET is now in its remarkable 21st year, airing weekdays at 7 p.m. ET.
- Premiere episodes of top Discovery series HIGHWAY THRU HELL are now airing Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on the network's most-watched night of the week. Final Numeris data from the 2014/15 season further reveals that last year's edition of HIGHWAY THRU HELL was the third most-watched season of any program in channel history.
- Paired with HIGHWAY THRU HELL on Tuesday nights this fall are the sophomore season of FOOL'S GOLD and EDGE OF ALASKA, now airing at 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. ET, respectively.
- Premieres continue into October with CANADA'S WORST DRIVER beginning Monday, Oct. 26 at 10 p.m. ET and GOLD RUSH starting Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 9 p.m. ET.
The world is just awesome! With compelling real-life programming that inspires and entertains, Discovery reveals the world in all its wonder, diversity, and amazement. As Canada's #1 entertainment specialty channel, Discovery offers a signature mix of adrenaline-charged stories, larger-than-life personalities and vivid imagery for viewers with curious minds. With the best non-fiction programming from Canada and around the world, Discovery captures the excitement of a passion for life – one lived fully and at its most extreme. With exceptional and immersive storytelling, the channel offers in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the extraordinary people and places that shape our world. Launched in Canada in 1995, Discovery is now available in more than eight million Canadian homes. Discovery Canada is a joint venture between Bell Media, which is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company, and Discovery Communications Inc. Find more information and interactive online features at Discovery.ca.
For further information: Sarah Goddard, Bell Media, 416.384.2056 or email@example.com; Renee Dupuis, Bell Media, 416.384.3154 or firstname.lastname@example.org