/NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWS WIRE SERVICES OR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES/
MONTREAL, Feb. 22, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Fiera Capital Corporation (TSX: FSZ) ("Fiera Capital" or the "Company") today announced that it has completed the closing of its previously announced transaction whereby Canoe Financial LP ("Canoe"), a Canadian mutual fund company, has acquired the rights to manage nine of the Company's retail mutual funds. The nine retail mutual funds (collectively referred to as the "Fiera Capital Mutual Funds") include:
- Fiera Capital Diversified Bond Fund
- Fiera Capital Income and Growth Fund
- Fiera Capital High Income Fund
- Fiera Capital Core Canadian Equity Fund
- Fiera Capital Equity Growth Fund
- Fiera Capital U.S. Equity Fund
- Fiera Capital Global Equity Fund
- Fiera Capital International Equity Fund
- Fiera Capital Defensive Global Equity Fund
As of today's date, Canoe has also acquired Fiera Capital's ownership interest in Fiera Capital Funds Inc., Fiera Capital's wholly owned subsidiary and registered mutual fund dealer.
As part of the transaction, Canoe has retained Fiera Capital to act as sub-advisor for:
- Fiera Capital Global Equity Fund (renamed the Canoe Global Equity Fund)
- Fiera Capital Defensive Global Equity Fund (renamed the Canoe Defensive Global Equity Fund)
- Fiera Capital International Equity Fund (renamed the Canoe International Equity Fund)
- Fiera Capital Equity Growth Fund (renamed the Canoe Canadian Small Mid Cap Fund).
There will be no change in the current portfolio management team for these four funds.
Fiera Capital will continue to manage its Canadian closed-end funds as well as its alternative strategies including the following funds:
- Fiera Active Trading Fund
- Fiera Long/Short Equity Fund
- Fiera Capital Income Opportunities Fund
About Fiera Capital Corporation
Fiera Capital Corporation is a global independent asset management firm with approximately C$136.7 billion in AUM as at December 31, 2018 delivering customized multi-asset solutions across traditional and alternative asset classes to institutional, retail and private wealth clients across North America, Europe and key markets in Asia. Fiera Capital strives to be at the forefront of investment-management science and is passionate about creating sustainable wealth for clients. Fiera Capital trades under the ticker FSZ on the Toronto Stock Exchange. www.fieracapital.com
In the U.S., asset management services are provided by the Firm's U.S. affiliates who are investment advisers that are registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Further, the Firm's affiliates Fiera Capital (UK) Limited and Fiera Capital (IOM) Limited are both registered as investment advisers with the SEC. Fiera Capital (UK) Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom and Fiera Capital (IOM) Limited is licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority. Registration with the SEC does not imply a certain level of skill or training.
Additional information about Fiera Capital Corporation, including the Firm's annual information form, is available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
About Canoe Financial
Canoe is one of Canada's fastest growing independent mutual fund companies managing $5.5 billion in assets across a diversified range of award-winning mutual funds and private energy equity products. Founded in 2008, Canoe Financial LP is an employee-owned investment management firm focused on building financial wealth for Canadians. Canoe has offices in Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg and Montreal.
SOURCE Fiera Capital Corporation
For further information: Mariem Elsayed, Director, Investor Relations and Public Affairs, Fiera Capital Corporation, 514-954-6619, [email protected]