OTTAWA, Sept. 16, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) is making available funding to support participation of the public and Aboriginal groups in the federal environmental assessment of the Port of Quebec Deep-Water Multipurpose Wharf Project – Beauport 2020, located in Quebec.
This project is being assessed under the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012 using a science-based approach. If the project is permitted to proceed to the next phase, it will continue to be subject to Canada's environmental laws, enforcement and follow-up, and fines for non-compliance.
- Funding is available for eligible individuals and groups to enable their participation in upcoming steps of the environmental assessment, which include reviewing and providing comments on the Environmental Impact Statement or the summary thereof, the draft Environmental Assessment Report, and on potential environmental assessment conditions.
- Recipients and the amount of funding allocated will be announced at a later date.
- Applications received by October 16, 2015 will be considered. To apply for funding, contact the Participant Funding Program by writing to [email protected], or by calling 1-866-582-1884. More information on this project is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 80107.
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency administers the federal environmental assessment process, which identifies the environmental effects of proposed projects and measures to address those effects, in support of sustainable development.
- Participant Funding Program (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Port of Quebec Deep-Water Multipurpose Wharf Project – Beauport 2020 (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Basics of Environmental Assessment (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information: Maja Graham, Communications Advisor, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, 613-960-1519, [email protected]