THORNHILL, ON, March 8, 2012 /CNW/ - This March Break, travellers are looking for fun-filled family vacations, great golf getaways and super shopping trips.
Favourite driving destinations:
1. Orlando, Florida
2. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3. New York City, New York
4. Pinehurst, North Carolina
For the long road trip, CAA South Central Ontario recommends:
- Get your oil changed, battery, fluids and tire pressure checked before you leave.
- When packing the trunk, start with your largest bags, and then fill in the space around them with smaller items. And always keep the view through your back window clear. For all your travel gear including auto safety kits and tools, water bottles, maps and luggage visit a CAA Travel Store near you.
- Plan your route ahead of time and bring a map as a back up to your GPS. CAA offers customized maps and TripTik route planners to help get you where you are going safely.
- Motorists should take turns driving if possible.
- Obey the rules of the road, wear your seatbelt and don't tailgate or speed.
- Take breaks to stretch your legs.
Remember to plan your hotel stays and buy your attraction tickets with CAA. For more expert travel advice speak to one of our experienced CAA Travel Consultants by dialing 1-866-286-9323.
CAA South Central Ontario is a not-for-profit auto club offering insurance, travel, automotive care and roadside services. There are more than 1.8 million CAA members in South Central Ontario and 5 million members in Canada. We're more than Roadside Assistance. We're Life-side Assistance. Visit www.caasco.com.
For further information:
Media contact: Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Specialist, CAA SCO, [email protected], Office: (905) 771-3194, Cell: (416) 209-4930 or Jeff LeMoine, Internal/External PR Specialist, [email protected], Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641.