New Software Platform Enables "CSI" Effect for Crash, Crime, and Fire Investigation
LAKE MARY, Fla., June 15, 2017 /CNW/ -- FARO® (NASDAQ: FARO), the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement and imaging solutions for factory metrology, construction BIM/CIM, product design, public safety forensics, and 3D solutions applications, announces the availability of the FARO Zone 3D software (www.faro.com/en-us/faro-zone-3d). This revolutionary platform, through its advanced smart tools, is the first of its kind to enable investigators to move fluidly between 2D and 3D environments and enhance the quality of incident reconstruction analysis or presentations for public safety professionals. Trial versions of FARO Zone 3D can be downloaded from: www.faro.com/faro-3d-app-center/stand-alone-apps/faro-zone-3d.
FARO Zone 3D dramatically elevates the visual impact of presentations, including courtroom exhibits, by enabling accurate 2D and 3D scene diagrams, 3D scene walk-throughs, and full scene reconstruction animations.
FARO Zone 3D also enhances the ability of public safety professionals to plan for, and respond more effectively to, emergencies by creating accurate representations of real-world locations within local communities.
Key leading-edge functionality of FARO Zone 3D includes:
Advanced Smart Tools to Drive a More Confident Result
- Precise diagramming and measurement tools
- Blood spatter analysis tools
- Bullet trajectory analysis tools
- Dynamic momentum and skid crash analysis tools
- Vehicle crush analysis tools
- Accurate scene replication with more than 10 million 3D models included or imported from free, online sources
- Accurate 2D and 3D animations and walk-throughs
Enhanced Flexibility to Drive a Faster Result
- Easily draw and edit in 3D or in 2D and see both views simultaneously
- Explore "what if" animation scenarios in real time with exact measurements taken from the scene
- Quickly and simply import measurement data from other sources such as drones, satellite maps, or laser scanners
- Import FARO laser scan data directly from FARO SCENE software
- Backwards compatibility with FARO CAD Zone and ARAS applications
"FARO is committed to delivering innovation that enables investigators to do their job faster, easier, and more effectively" states Jeff Ruiz, Vice President Global Public Safety - Forensics business unit. "FARO Zone 3D is a major industry milestone that harnesses the power of 3D in a solution specifically developed for crime, crash, and fire investigators."
FARO Zone 3D is currently available for ordering.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for and customer acceptance of FARO's products, and FARO's product development and product launches. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "is," "will" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products less competitive or obsolete;
- the Company's inability to maintain its technological advantage by developing new products and enhancing its existing products;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financial conditions; and
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2016 and Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31, 2017.
Forward-looking statements in this release represent the Company's judgment as of the date of this release. The Company undertakes no obligation to update publicly any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, unless otherwise required by law.
FARO is the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement, imaging and realization technology. The Company develops and markets computer-aided measurement and imaging devices and software. Technology from FARO permits high-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and complex structures within production and quality assurance processes. The devices are used for inspecting components and assemblies, rapid prototyping, documenting large volume spaces or structures in 3D, surveying and construction, as well as for investigation and reconstruction of accident sites or crime scenes.
FARO's global headquarters are located in Lake Mary, Florida. The Company also has a technology center and manufacturing facility consisting of approximately 90,400 square feet located in Exton, Pennsylvania containing research and development, manufacturing and service operations of our FARO Laser Tracker™ and FARO Cobalt Array 3D Imager product lines. The Company's European regional headquarters is located in Stuttgart, Germany and its Asia Pacific regional headquarters is located in Singapore. FARO has other offices in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Turkey, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, China, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Australia and Japan.
More information is available at http://www.faro.com
For further information: Robert Gourdine, Vice President of Global Marketing, 1-407-333-9911, [email protected], http://www.faro.com