Royal Agricultural Winter Fair celebrates world of farming, fresh local food until Nov. 16
TORONTO, Nov. 12, 2014 /CNW/ - The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair has just the ticket for families looking for something fun and educational to do Friday, when a Professional Development Day means there are no classes at many Toronto schools.
Featuring 10 days of diverse programming which celebrates all that's new in the world of farming and fresh, local food, The Royal began Friday, November 7 and runs until Sunday, November 16 in the Direct Energy Centre and Ricoh Coliseum.
Families can get a taste of country life in the heart of the city at The Royal, connecting with farming and food experiences through a wide variety of fun, interactive activities.
"We've introduced a lot of great new features and activities to help people learn about farming and enjoy food experiences in fresh news ways," said Sandra Banks, CEO of The Royal.
Activities and entertainment on tap include:
- The a-MAZE-ing Food Journey, which encourages families to "play with their food" as they explore the path food takes from farm to the table. This exhibit is a fun way for both kids and parents engage their senses, discovering the sights, sounds, texture and even smells of what we eat.
- AGtivity Central features face painting, mini tractor races and a farm-inspired dress-up area.
- Experience farm animal up close while you touch, pet and feed them at the Pizza Pizza Petting Farm, featuring more than 60 friendly animals, such as llamas, baby goats and mini donkeys.
- Demonstrations at the President's Choice Animal Theatre showcase the talents and contributions that working animals make to our lives with 10 hours of programming every day, featuring new Spirit of the Horse demonstrations supported by Ignite Ontario, 4-H rabbit jumping, Goats on the Go, President's Choice Superdogs, sheep herding and Jack Russell races.
- The Royal Education Centres and Education Ring inspire and promote farm-based learning to encourage sustainability, conservation and preservation of our environment.
- Guy McLean, Australian bush poet and horse whisperer, performs an expanded show from November 11-15.
A full schedule of events can be found at www.royalfair.org/schedule.
Funding support for The Royal has been provided by the City of Toronto and the Government of Ontario.
About The Royal:
The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair is the world's largest combined indoor agricultural and equestrian show. This year, The 92nd Royal Agricultural Winter Fair runs November 7-16, 2014 in the Direct Energy Centre and Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto. For competition schedules, live webcasting, results and to purchase tickets, please visit www.royalfair.org.
Image with caption: "A little girl makes a new friend at the Pizza Pizza Petting Farm (CNW Group/Royal Agricultural Winter Fair)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20141112_C8139_PHOTO_EN_7909.jpg
SOURCE: Royal Agricultural Winter Fair
For further information: Courtney Charette, Public Relations Coordinator , 63 Church Street, Suite 203, St. Catharines, ON, Canada L2R 3C4, Main: 905.682.7203 ext. 222, Direct: 905.346.1231, Cell: 905.329.0391, F: 905.682.7481, E: [email protected], W: www.enterprisecanada.com