LONDON, Oct. 9, 2014 /CNW/ -
Explosive Ordnance Disposal & Counter IED
17-19 November 2014,
Meliá Avenida América, Madrid,
Bringing together senior international military, police forces and defence industry, from Europe, North America, the Middle East and Africa, EOD & CIED 2014 will offer high level discussion on the key challenges facing the CIED/EOD community and engage in debate on the strategies and new technologies available for future force development.
About the Event:
Counter IED and EOD missions were synonymous with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. But as these operations draw to a close, the continuing threat of IEDs in both military and civilian landscapes makes a Counter IED and Explosive Ordnance Disposal ready force no less important. The Middle East, North Africa and South America, as well as the West are all suffering from the proliferation of these weapons as a tool of terrorism and disruption, necessitating effective future planning and training.
Those attending EOD & CIED 2014 will come away with a detailed understanding of How militaries and police forces from across Europe, North America the Middle East and Africa are approaching C-IED & EOD operations, their current capabilities and equipment and how they will be developing their force over the next five years.
The event also prides itself on providing the latest information and solutions available on the market including but not limited to detection, protection, robotic and disposal. There is of course a look ahead to see where you can expect the technology to be heading in the near future.
If you work in the military or police you may be interested to hear how other forces are approaching C-IED & EOD training, the challenges and current shortfalls they have, and what strategies they have in place to make sure they are fully ready to adapt to the continuing threat. This allows you to learn and build upon what you already have.
- Brigadier General James Burton, Commanding General, 20th CBRNE, US Army
- Colonel Ronnie Nilsson, Commanding Officer, Swedish EOD and Demining Centre SWEDEC
- Colonel Rafael Jimenez Sanchez, Director CIED, Spanish Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Giovanny Riaño Garzon, Chief, Anti-explosives CBRN Information and Firearms Tracing Centre
- Lieutenant Colonel Oliver Esdar, Chief CIED, German Ministry of Defence
- Christine Allen, Project Manager, Counter Explosive Hazard, US Army
- Major Dick Bouwhuis, United Nations Mine Action Service, Mali
- Captain Christian Hildenbrandt, Joint Task Force Counter-IED, Dutch Ministry of Defence
- Chief Superintendent Nigel Grimshaw, District Commander, North and West Belfast, olice Service Northern Ireland
- Shafqat Malik, Assistant Inspector General Of Police, BDU Peshawar
- Mushtaq Mahar, Deputy Inspector General HQ, Sind Police
- Massimo Pedemonte, C-IED Instructor, Italian Police Force
- Sergeant Lou DeRubeis, Bomb Squad Commander, City of Stamford Police Department
- Police Officer Erin Trew, Bomb Technician/EOD K9 Handler, City of Stamford Police Department
- Ahdin Orahovac, Deputy Director, Mine Action Centre in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BH MAC)
- Robert Shaw, Security, EOD & Intelligence
Download the full agenda here: http://www.counteriedevent.com/redForms.aspx?id=389080&frmType=Brochure&mLoc=F&sform_id=316492&isbrochure=true&m=2179&eventid=1000531&utm_source=external&utm_medium=PressRelease&utm_campaign=11590.008%2BPR%2Bnewswire&utm_term=agenda&utm_content=Text&MAC=CIEDPR&disc=CIEDPR
Short URL is: http://bit.ly/ZRVckJ
SOURCE: Defence IQ
For further information: To find out more visit the website at http://www.counteriedevent.com or contact Richard Jones at +44 (0)20 7368 9737 or email Richard.email@example.com; For press passes, or more information about the event or media partnerships please call +44 (0)20 7368 9810; If you would like to sponsor the event please call +44 (0)20 7368 9300.