MONTREAL, Aug. 23, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - For the 12th consecutive year, more than 400 participants will take part in GoSec, a major event in North America organized by GoSecure, a Quebec company highly specialized in Cyber Security. The event to be held on 31 August and 1 September at the Palais des congrès de Montréal will bring together dozens of researchers, lecturers and experienced professionals.
All topics regarding current and potential issues in cyber security will be discussed. In addition to the 25 confirmed speakers, GoSec will receive two keynote speakers.
These are Shannon Lietz, a multi-Award winning leader and Security Innovation visionary with more than 20 years of experience and James Mandelbaum, a renowned Security Pre-Sales Engineer and Identity Architect specialized in working with complex solutions for large clients in the US and Canada.
Again this year, EY and ISACA Montreal contribute to the success of the event as loyal partners and many other sponsors as well. Registrations are currently underway at www.gosec.net
Here is an overview of some topics to be discussed during the event:
- Shifting Security to the Left (Shannon Lietz, /DevSecOps)
- Minimizing the Identity Attack Vector with continuous authentication (James Mandelbaum, RSA)
- Logiciels malveillants hors de l'écosystème Windows (Marc-Étienne Léveillé, ESET)
- EGO Market : Quand la cupidité populaire bénéficie des botnets de grande échelle (Masarah Paquet-Clouston, GoSecure)
- The Eye of the Storm (Ladi Adefala, Fortinet)
- Establishing Privileged Account Security Best Practices to Reduce Cyber Security Threats (Justin Bradley, CyberArk)
- Lessons from the Huntsman – Successes and Failures in building a Modern Hunt Team (Travis Barlow, GoSecure)
- The Quiet Rise of Account Takeover (Mike Milner, Immunio)
- Rise of the Bots (Brian A. McHenry, F5)
- Sécurité Docker en Production (Alexandre Guédon, Delve Labs)
- Key components required for a risk-based approach to protecting information in the cloud generation (Marty Weiss, Blue Coat)
- Tipping the scales back in our favor (Rene Aguero, Splunk)
- Schoolbell and the Kingslayer (Kent Backman, RSA)
- The Shifu Banking Trojan (Ilya Kolmanovich, IBM Security)
Founded in Montreal in 2002, GoSecure has grown their global presence with offices in Montreal, Toronto, Halifax, and the United Kingdom. Their mission is to offer services and innovative technology solutions that enable organizations to reduce their risk in cyber security. GoSecure's team has more than 40 engineers and certified analysts who work closely with organizations of all sizes, tailoring their services to integrate with and fulfill all of their client's unique and complex security requirements.
GoSecure has built an admirable reputation in the IT industry. Their vision for innovation and dedication to research and development is one of the many factors that set GoSecure apart from other traditional managed security service providers. GoSecure continues to grow exponentially, exceeding industry standards to meet crucial client security needs.
SOURCE Go Secure
Image with caption: "Logo: Go Secure (CNW Group/Go Secure)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160823_C4236_PHOTO_EN_756979.jpg
For further information: Véronique St-Germain, Chief Marketing Officer, 514-287-7427 ext.: 213, [email protected]