MISSISSAUGA, ON, June 19, 2018 /CNW/ - Prepare your palate for a unique and pleasant surprise, there's something new in one of the fastest growing segments of the grocery aisle. Kashi* is launching Kashi joi*, a new line of health and wellness bars that offer an elevated, multi-sensorial, real-food experience to delight the senses and reward your curiosity. Made in Canada and only available in Canada, Kashi joi nut bars are grounded in a delicious base of whole nuts and are bursting with real, simple ingredients selected with care for both their taste and their inherent nutritional value. Created to celebrate the joie de vivre of Canadians and provide joyful nutrition, the bars invite curious foodies to have their moment of Kashi joi with flavourful recipes and wholesome ingredients unlike anything else in the category.
Focused on Foodies
Catering to today's foodie culture, Kashi joi bars offer delightfully imaginative flavour combinations. Whether in search of a heathy snack, a little energy to tide you over, or a quick bite to support your active lifestyle, Kashi joi is turning functional eating into joyfully real nourishment. All Kashi joi products are Non-GMO Project Verified, gluten-free, soy-free and Kosher, with no artificial flavours or colours. Kashi joi bars are available individually or by the dozen primarily in the Wellness aisle where single-serve bars are sold. There are two distinct bar formats created for differing consumer needs and each of the six flavours tells a unique story:
- Kashi joi Nut Bars – These bars look as great as they taste with wholesome ingredients that give you a little boost to keep moving. Ideal as a healthy snack with 6 grams of protein, the unique and exciting flavour combinations include three mouth-watering varieties:
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Hazelnut – Rich hazelnuts and chocolate come together with fresh raspberries to provide a delicious combination of sweet nuttiness and bright flavours.
- Pistachio Fig & Lemon – With a lively combination of on-trend Mediterranean flavours, this bar adds zest to your palate with a truly unique combination of ingredients.
- Coconut Cranberry Almond – This bar features the brightness of cranberry, the cool smoothness of coconut and an exotic hint of ginger.
- Kashi joi Almond Butter Energy Nut Bars – With almond butter as the primary ingredient, these substantial bars help with satiety and are ideal to help prepare for physical activity. Soy-free and providing 9-10 grams of protein strictly from the goodness of nuts, the three delicious flavours include:
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Nut – This choice features a combination of dark chocolate and ground coffee, rounded out with a note of cinnamon.
- Banana Chocolate Nut – The familiar comfort of chocolate and banana are elevated with a sophisticated flavour that's natural, not overpowering.
- Blueberry Maple Pecan – A classic combination of blueberry and maple are combined with pecans for an indulgent yet satisfying flavour.
"The Wellness aisle in any grocery store can be overwhelming with consumers often sacrificing taste for familiarity," says Chet Dhole, Senior Brand Manager, Kashi Canada. "Kashi joi is shaking that up with purposefully selected ingredients and carefully crafted flavour combinations to satisfy the unmet need within the growing health and wellness market. In fact, we called the bars Kashi joi because we believe this space will welcome the joyful eating experience and exciting choices that our bars provide."
Prepare for Summer with Kashi joi
With summer break around the corner, Kashi joi bars are a convenient and nutritious option during busy days and big adventures. Ideal for an extra burst of protein on a hike or for a satisfying mid-afternoon snack, Kashi joi bars are perfectly portable and ready to be enjoyed on-the-go. As the warmer weather draws Canadians outside, Holistic Nutritionist, Culinary Consultant and Kashi joi spokesperson, Peggy Kotsopoulos, recommends healthy and energizing snacks for summertime adventures:
"I love every Kashi joi bar! Simply look at the label and you'll see why," says Peggy. "They deliver on taste with delicious and surprising flavour twists. Yet, they also offer an excellent source of protein in a nutritious bar. As both a nutritionist and foodie, I recommend Kashi joi bars as a healthy, convenient and delicious snack."
A Multi-Sensorial Experience with Kashi joi Tutored Tastings
Kashi joi is a multi-sensorial experience with the elements of taste, smell, touch and sight all playing an important role in the overall sensation of the bars. To help Canadians fully experience every flavour nuance, Kashi joi has created humorous tutored tasting audio guides, available on www.soundcloud.com/kashijoi. The fun audio guides walk listeners through the experience of eating a Kashi joi bar, describing the ingredients and incorporating some mindful eating practices to encourage "joyful little snackers" to nosh on! Kashi joi is also sharing an online video about the creation of the bars on Kashi Canada's Facebook channel to illustrate the bars' simple ingredients and minimal processing.
The unique flavours of Kashi joi nut bars celebrate joyful moments and adventurous flavours. Canadians can learn more at kashijoi.ca and are invited to experience and share their moment of joy on Instagram with #Kashijoi.
ABOUT KASHI CANADA
Founded in 1984, Kashi is on a mission to help people achieve vibrant health through positive eating. As a natural lifestyle pioneer, Kashi is passionate about and committed to improving the health of people and our planet. By providing progressive nutrition in great tasting foods, Kashi inspires and empowers people to achieve optimal health and wellness, helping them progress on their healthy lifestyle journey. Kashi encourages people to live their best lives. To learn more about 30 years of Kashi's mission, sustainability efforts, values and roots, check out What We Believe on Kashi.ca. And, join the Kashi community online at Kashi.ca, on Twitter/Instagram (@Kashi_CA) or on Facebook (www.facebook.com/canadakashi).
* © 2018, Trademark of Kashi Company used under licence
SOURCE Kashi Canada
For further information: MEDIA CONTACT: Jessica Cooney, 416-366-7735, [email protected]