Canada's Largest Foodservice and Hospitality event returns to the Enercare Centre Feb. 26-28
TORONTO, Jan. 25, 2017 /CNW/ - Grab a seat. Pour a glass. Indulge. RC Show 2017 is where the industry comes together to shop, taste, learn, get inspired and connect.
Celebrating Canada's 150th anniversary, this year's RC Show pays homage to Canadian foodservice, leadership, innovation and culinary excellence by shining a spotlight on the brands, influencers and technology that have helped shape the hospitality industry over the years. Join us as we look back on how far we've come and look ahead to the future of what hospitality will look like.
"Bringing together many of the industry's most influential experts, along with hundreds of innovative products and services, RC Show 2017 offers all the ingredients a hospitality provider needs to succeed and stay competitive," says Shanna Munro, President and CEO of Restaurants Canada. "It's also a time to celebrate all that makes this industry great by highlighting those that have helped shape Canada's food landscape and amazing culinary scene. Join us as we present Canada Unleashed!"
From a robust series of workshops and seminars, to offsite opportunities to taste, learn and network, RC Show 2017 is not to be missed. Attendees will experience a redesigned show floor including eight dedicated pavilions, new tasting lounges, bigger and better competitions, an interactive Culinary Stage and more onsite business sessions.
What's NEW at #RCShow17
- Uniquely Canadian Food Experience: RC Nation's Feast, curated by PEI native, chef Charlotte Langley, unites notable chefs from each province to celebrate Canada's best at a ticketed event held at Casa Loma. Chef highlights include Newfoundland & Labrador's Todd Perrin of Mallard Cottage; Vancouver veteran Robert Belcham of Campagnolo; co-chefs/owners of Alberta's acclaimed CHARCUT Roast House, Connie DeSousa and John Jackson, and many more. The event honours Canada's exceptional culinary masters by pairing a chef from each region with signature fare to highlight the country's food landscape.
- RC Leadership Conference: Grow your business at a series of Business Builder sessions designed for independents, multi-unit operators or new startups. Sessions will inspire attendees, provide industry insight, and offer new ideas and strategies for success.
- Canada and World Pavilions: See a showcase of local products from provinces across the country. Discover our food mosaic and see how countries, such as Japan, Italy, Mexico and the U.S. have helped shape it and continue to inspire creativity.
- Taste the Difference: Let your taste buds guide you. A bigger and bolder Shake & Sling Pavilion, and an all-new Tasting Lounge and Beer Garden will have you sampling chef-inspired cocktails, mocktails and perfect beer, sake or wine pairings.
- Menu Innovation: Discover new flavours and techniques that will take your menu to a whole new level. Culinary stage demos include: Seafood Revolution, Waste-Based Cooking, Canadian Beef Advantage, Importance of a Signature Dish, Cooking with Eggs and much more.
Back and Better Than Ever
- Breakfast With Champions: Join us as we bring leaders and icons together to celebrate our industry's successes, highlight our best practices and discuss the future of hospitality, as well as unveil the winner of this year's RC Leadership Award.
- Competition Heats Up: See who has what it takes to stand above the rest in a series of high-octane competitions. Highlights include: RC Bartending Competition, Canadian Culinary Federation Great Canadian Cookoff, and a cooking competition among students at Humber, Centennial and Niagara colleges.
- Canada's Best: For the second year in a row, an expert panel of chefs, restaurateurs, food critics and diners come together to reveal Canada's Top 100 Restaurants live at the show.
RC Show 2017 is open to anyone working in the hospitality industry. Must be 19 years of age or older to attend. Register in advance via www.rcshow.com and plan your visit. Restaurants Canada members can visit for free and get access to a host of business tools, savings and insights for foodservice operators of all sizes.
About RC Show
The largest foodservice and hospitality event in Canada RC Show will bring the industry together to shop, taste, learn, connect and do business. Attendees will find three days of inspiring talks, demos, workshops and competitions, on- and off- site networking and dinner events and 250,000 square feet and 8 pavilions of product innovation.
About Restaurants Canada
Restaurants Canada (previously CRFA) is a growing community of 30,000 foodservice businesses, including restaurants, bars, caterers, institutions and suppliers. We connect our members from coast to coast, through services, research and advocacy for a strong and vibrant restaurant industry. Canada's restaurant industry is a $75 billion industry, directly employs 1.2 million Canadians, is the number one source of first jobs, and serves 18 million customers every day.
SOURCE Restaurants Canada
To view this news release in HTML formatting, please use the following URL: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/January2017/25/c6863.html
For further information: For more information on the show, to sign up for media accreditation, arrange an interview or RSVP for our media preview event, please contact: Media Contacts: Lisa Raffaele │647-837-1265│[email protected]; Jessica Patriquin | 647-837-1260 |[email protected]