LAVAL, QC, April 25, 2017 /CNW/ - Eva Nassif, Member of Parliament for Vimy, on behalf of Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, Lawrence MacAulay, announced today that Bio-K Plus International Inc. was approved for up to $50,000 to reach new markets in the United States for their probiotic capsules and beverages.
This project aims to raise consumers' awareness about the health benefits of probiotic products, and increase Bio-K Plus exports to the United States. With well-targeted promotional activities such as product demonstrations and tradeshow exhibits, the company hopes to increase demand for their products in all regions of the United States. This project is funded through the Growing Forward 2, AgriMarketing program.
The Government of Canada is committed to helping our farmers and food processors grow their businesses, expand existing markets at home and abroad, and create jobs to benefit the sector and all Canadians.
"Advances in innovation, such as this line of probiotics, help to keep Canada on the cutting edge. The Government of Canada proudly contributes to expanding markets globally, which improves agricultural business competitiveness, creating jobs, helping grow the middle class and fostering long-term growth for the sector."
- Eva Nassif, Member of Parliament for Vimy
"This financial assistance will help with our development in the United States. The funding will be used, among other things, to hire a resource in the US territory and to develop our worldwide innovation, which is recognized by Health Canada for the primary prevention of Clostridium difficile infections in order to reduce infections and alleviate the suffering of patients in hospitals."
- Isabèle Chevalier et François-Pierre Chevalier, Co-Presidents, Bio-K+ International Inc.
- Bio-K Plus International Inc. is a 20-year old for-profit organization located in Laval, Quebec, which manufactures probiotic capsules and beverages.
- The contribution is made through the Growing Forward 2, AgriMarketing Program, a five-year, $341 million initiative.
- Growing Forward 2 (Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada)
- AgriMarketing Program (Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada)
- Bio-K Plus International Inc.
SOURCE Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
For further information: Guy Gallant, Director of Communications, Office of the Honourable Lawrence MacAulay, 613-773-1059; Media Relations, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, 613-773-7972, 1-866-345-7972; Shanti Hallard, Marketing & Events Coordinator, Bio-K+ International Inc., 450-978-2465 ext. 244