Clever's single sign-on capabilities will provide educators and students easy access to EXO U's operating-neutral platform
MONTREAL, May 11, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - EXO U Inc. (TSXV: EXO) ("the Company" or "EXO U"), developer of the newly launched EXO U Digital Education Platform, today announced that it has entered into a partnership agreement with Clever, Inc. ("Clever"), a provider of secure single sign-on access for school-based learning software and student information systems.
The Company plans to continue to enter into agreements with additional partners and distributors to enhance its product offering and expand its reach into the education sector.
Key Facts on the Partnership:
- The partnership with Clever enables EXO U users to benefit from Instant Login, a single sign-on feature that delivers seamless, one-click login capabilities and secure data management for teachers and students.
- Educators are asking for a secure single sign-on solution that will allow students access to an ecosystem of applications. Currently Clever is the established leader in the market and used by millions of K-12 students in more than 35,000 schools to improve the login experience.
- EXO U joins more than 150 learning applications that currently leverage Clever's product to make the login process simple and efficient. Additionally, schools that use Clever can securely sync enrollment data from their school information system to EXO U and other applications they use. This partnership can potentially make the integration of EXO U's Digital Education Platform into K-12 schools easier.
- Following an initial implementation period, EXO U will pay Clever a monthly usage fee for an initial term of one year.
Shan Ahdoot, CEO and Co-Founder of EXO U: "Clever's rapid growth and penetration into U.S. K-12 schools in less than three years demonstrates the strong need for educational solutions that can improve access to digital learning. That emphasis matches EXO U's commitment to providing secure, easy-to-use ecosystems where teachers can manage all their digital tools in one place and engage with their students instantly on any device. Clever is a natural fit for the EXO U platform."
Dan Carroll, CPO and Co-Founder of Clever: "Partnering with innovative companies like EXO U that empower teachers and enhance learning is Clever's goal. With Instant Login, great companies like EXO U are saving teachers significant time so they can focus on what they do best: improving learning outcomes."
About the EXO U Digital Education Platform
- The EXO U Digital Education Platform can be used by school districts to empower educators to manage and share third-party digital materials and instructional content to almost any digital device. With both offline and online flexibility, EXO U creates a classroom-focused, learner-centric platform that runs across multiple devices, is compatible with most operating systems, and delivers both online and offline access to instructional content in and beyond the classroom.
- The EXO U platform is device agnostic, supports and encourages collaboration and transparency within the classroom, optimizes efficiency, and handles open education resources (OER) seamlessly.
- EXO U continues to expand its strategic channel, technology and content partner programs, with the goal of delivering joint integrated solutions to customers around the world.
About Clever, Inc.
Clever is the simplest way for schools to keep their learning software in sync with their existing student information systems. Over 35,000 schools across the United States use Clever, and over 150 innovative software applications now integrate with Clever. In 2012, the SIIA named Clever the "Most Innovative Company in Education," and in 2013, Clever was awarded first place at SXSWedu. Clever's headquarters are in San Francisco, Calif. For more information contact Clever at (415) 562-6483, email@example.com, or http://clever.com.
About EXO U
EXO U focuses on the new digital learning landscape in education. From delivering a range of instructional content to any student device to providing tools for one-touch content management, personalization and organization, EXO U makes the 1:1 and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) vision for learning an achievable, affordable reality. EXO U (TSX-V: EXO) is located in Palo Alto, CA, and Montréal, QC. For more information, visit http://www.exou.com.
Caution regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements made in this press release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are typically identified by words such as "assumption", "goal, "objective", "target, "strategy" and other similar expressions or by verbs such as "plans", "intends", "expects", "believes", "may" or "will". They are subject to important risks and uncertainties and are based on assumptions. The results or events predicted in these forward-looking statements may differ materially from actual results or events. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. The forward-looking information contained in this press release represents EXO U's current expectations. EXO U disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking information, except if required by applicable securities laws. For more information about risks that may cause EXO U's actual results to be different from expected and historical results, please see EXO U's Management's Discussion and Analysis for the interim period ended December 31, 2014, available at www.sedar.com.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
For more information please visit www.exou.com
SOURCE EXO U Inc
For further information: For investor inquiries, please contact: Sean Peasgood, Sean@SophicCapital.com, (416) 565-2805; OR Mr. Doug McCollam, CFO at EXO U Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org, (514) 212-7407