Leading IT reseller becomes the newest member of EXO U's growing channel partner program to support EXO U's Digital Education Platform in U.S. K-12 schools and school districts
MONTREAL, May 6, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - EXO U Inc. (TSXV: EXO), developers of the newly launched EXO U Digital Education Platform, today announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership agreement with SIGMAnet, Inc., a leading provider of IT infrastructure consulting, solutions and services. This non-exclusive agreement, for an initial term of one year, is expected to strengthen EXO U's sales and distribution network. SIGMAnet will promote and market the EXO U Digital Education Platform to prospective clients and will be responsible for deployment and installment of EXO U's solution as well as providing certain client support services in exchange for a fee based on revenues received by EXO U.
- SIGMAnet, Inc. is among the largest resellers of educational technology in California. The company has played significant roles in many of the largest technology implementations in California schools.
- SIGMAnet offers specific expertise in the evaluation of needs and roll outs for classroom-based technology used directly by students and teachers. The company's deep experience in supporting the "bring your own device" (BYOD) model for students makes it easier and more effective for K-12 schools and districts to purchase and implement the EXO U solution.
- SIGMAnet operates with a staff of more than 150 technical professionals and recently was named a winner in CIO Review's list of 20 Most Promising Tech Consulting Providers for Public Sector.
Shan Ahdoot, CEO and Co-Founder of EXO U: "EXO U dramatically changes the way educators manage and deliver technology-infused learning experiences in the classroom. Our partnership with SIGMAnet has the potential to help us reach thousands of schools seeking a next-generation solution for managing and sharing digital materials in the classroom."
"The goal of our channel program is to work with leading partners to help schools and districts minimize costs and time associated with technology implementation and training – while making it possible for them to leverage the investments they've already made in devices, content, and tools."
Stephen Monteros, VP Operations and Strategic Initiatives of SIGMAnet: "Partnering with EXO U offers teachers a new and much needed solution for managing their digital classrooms, regardless of device or connectivity. We are excited to introduce EXO U to our schools and districts, and transform learning experiences."
About the EXO U Digital Education Platform
- The EXO U Digital Education Platform can be used by school districts to empower educators to manage and share third-party digital materials and instructional content to almost any digital device. With both offline and online flexibility, EXO U creates a classroom-focused, learner-centric platform that runs across multiple devices, is compatible with most operating systems, and delivers both online and offline access to instructional content in and beyond the classroom.
- The EXO U platform is device agnostic, supports and encourages collaboration and transparency within the classroom, optimizes efficiency, and handles open education resources (OER) seamlessly.
- EXO U continues to expand its strategic channel, technology and content partner programs, with the goal of delivering joint integrated solutions to customers around the world.
SIGMAnet, Inc. is a leading provider of IT infrastructure consulting, solutions and services in Southern California. With over 150 technical professionals on staff, SIGMAnet offers deep expertise in cloud, analytics, mobility, security, data center, unified collaboration, user centric IT and managed services. Its mission is to serve as a trusted advisor to its customers, helping organizations respond to increasing IT demands so they can remain focused on their strategic goals and initiatives. SIGMAnet prides itself on delivering an exceptional customer experience to large and mid-sized commercial enterprises, local government and educational institutions. www.SIGMAnet.com.
About EXO U
EXO U focuses on the new digital learning landscape in education. From delivering a range of instructional content to any student device to providing tools for one-touch content management, personalization and organization, the company makes the 1:1 and BYOD vision for learning an achievable, affordable reality. EXO U (TSX-V: EXO) is located in Palo Alto, CA and Montréal, QC. For more information, visit http://www.exou.com.
Disclaimer in Regards to Forward-Looking Statements
Certain statements made in this press release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements and are subject to important risks, uncertainties and assumptions. The results or events predicted in these forward-looking statements may differ materially from actual results or events. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. The forward-looking information contained in this press release represents EXO U's current expectations. EXO U disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking information, except if required by applicable securities laws.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
For more information please visit www.exou.com
SOURCE EXO U Inc