TORONTO, Jan. 30, 2012 /CNW/ - The payment landscape in Canada is rapidly evolving and stakeholders are facing a number of challenges, including engagement of merchants and consumers, determining the appropriate business model, and mitigating privacy and security risks.
At The Canadian Institute's Forum on Canadian Payment Innovations, a diverse speaking faculty comprised of leaders in the emerging payment landscape will provide answers to these challenges. Key insights and survival strategies will be shared, including:
- Real life strategies to address the fundamental change of the business, including funding and operational models
- Crucial action plans to enhance overall consumer experience and adoption by retailers
- Blueprints to plan a future for your payment organization which successfully negotiates a world infused with new payment methods and stakeholders
- A thorough understanding of the new regulatory environment for new payment technologies and the applicable rules and regulations
- New methods to protect privacy, minimize fraud and generate revenue
…And much more!
|Conference Title:||The Canadian Institute's Forum on Canadian Payment Innovations|
|Date:||April 16-17, 2012|
|Location:||Marriott Bloor Yorkville - Toronto, Ontario|
About The Canadian Institute
For over 25 years, The Canadian Institute's conferences, summits and executive briefings have provided the business intelligence that Canadian decision makers need to respond to challenges and opportunities both here at home, and around the world. The Canadian Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, in the law, and in public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge. Headquartered in Toronto, The Canadian Institute produces over 180 events a year, attended by thousands of senior and C-level delegates from across the country. For more information, visit www.CanadianInstitute.com
For further information:
| Media passes are issued at the discretion of The Canadian Institute and must be arranged in advance. Passes require two business days to process. Media can register in advance. For media accreditation contact:
416-927-0718 Ext. 7288 or email@example.com