TORONTO, Nov. 13, 2017 /CNW/ -WHAT
HSBC Future Leaders recognition ceremony:
- Seven amazing young people from across Canada will be recognized as 2017 HSBC Future Leaders, with a keynote address from special guest Col. Chris Hadfield
- Hosted by HSBC Bank Canada (HSBC) and the Breakfast Club of Canada (BCC), the event is open to the public (members / visitors of the Ontario Science Centre)
- Interviews will be available with Col. Chris Hadfield, Ziya Tong, the 7 selected HSBC Future Leaders, and HSBC and BCC spokespeople
- Saturday, November 18, 2017 / 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. EST
- The Ontario Science Centre / 770 Don Mills Rd, North York, ON M3C 1T3 / "Level 6 - Hot Zone"
- *Television crews may enter via South C via Gateway Boulevard
Photo / b-roll / interview opportunities* available with:
- Emcee: Ziya Tong, Discovery Channel's Daily Planet host
- Special guest: Col. Chris Hadfield, first Canadian Astronaut to walk in space, operate Canadarm, and command the International Space Station
- Guests of honour / HSBC Future Leaders: Seven students from across Canada, ages 9-18 (full bios to be provided at event)
- Breakfast Club of Canada: Daniel Germain, Founding President; Paul Lethbridge, Director of Business Development
- HSBC Bank Canada: Larry Tomei, Executive Vice-President, Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Kim Toews, Executive Vice President and Head of Human Resources
Note: Media will be able to record a maximum of two minutes of the beginning of Col. Chris Hadfield's keynote
About the HSBC Future Leaders program:
- Stemming from HSBC's $1 million donation (2017-19) to the BCC in support of breakfast programs across Canada, this new program celebrates ambitious children that have the potential to shape Canada's future
- 7 HSBC Future Leaders have been selected based on their leadership efforts in their schools and communities
- In addition to being recognized as HSBC Future Leaders nationally and in their communities, they will each receive a $1,000 High Rate Savings Account1 to help them plan and save for their future educational goals
Notes to the Editors:
The HSBC CAD High Rate Savings Account must be open and in good standing at the time the credit is applied. If the "Student" does not already have an HSBC CAD High Rate Savings Account, in order to receive the credit he or she will need to open the account in accordance with standard account opening procedures of HSBC Bank Canada. The use of the HSBC CAD High Rate Savings Account is subject to terms and conditions. Visit www.hsbc.ca and click "Today's Rates" for current posted rates for the HSBC High Rate Savings Account (CAD). Account fees will be waived for one year from the day the account is opened, or if an existing customer, the day the student has been selected. For full details regarding fees which will apply to the High Rate Savings account after the one year period, please refer to the Personal Service Charges / Statement of Disclosure available at any HSBC Bank Canada branch or online at www.hsbc.ca/servicecharge.
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC Group – one of the world's largest banking and financial services groups with assets of US$2,526bn at 30 September 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa. For more information visit www.hsbc.ca or follow us on Twitter @HSBC_CA or Facebook @HSBCCanada.
Breakfast Club of Canada is a non-profit organization that provides funding, equipment, training and support to school breakfast programs across the country. We are dedicated to making sure every child starts their day with a meal, helping them thrive at school, and in their community. Founded in Quebec in 1994, Breakfast Club of Canada began to fund and support school breakfast programs nationwide in 2005.
SOURCE HSBC Bank Canada
For further information: To RSVP, pre-book an interview or for more information, please contact: Meaghan Beech, Meaghan.email@example.com, 647 463 4467
About HSBC Bank Canada HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC...