Sources available to offer tax insights across industries and regions
TORONTO, March 22, 2012 /CNW/ - As all governments grapple with the challenges of weaker global growth and the persistent global financial turmoil, eyes will be on the Canadian federal budget this March 29. Many anticipate that to erase the federal deficit by 2015, this year's budget will announce big changes and possible cuts to programs that will affect both Canada's private and public businesses across all industries and sectors of the economy.
Ernst & Young will break down the budget and discuss what it means for Canadians, from Main Street to Bay Street. Topics include:
- Support for Canadian businesses and international competitiveness
- Impact on private companies and entrepreneurs
- Changes to the Scientific Research and Experimental Development program
- Tax relief for individuals and families
- Changes to (Impact on) the GST and harmonized sales tax
- Developments around programs and initiatives
- Updates to financial and other regulations
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 152,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
For more information, please visit ey.com/ca.
Ernst & Young refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients.
For further information:
To reach a spokesperson, please contact:
416 943 2487
514 874 4308
604 648 3607