TORONTO, Feb. 20, 2012 /CNW/ - Shaw Media is taking fans of Survivor: One World to the next level of television viewing by adding a live sync companion experience to the wildly popular Global Video App, available for iPad™, iPhone™ and iPod Touch™ users.
The Global Video App's companion experience features the following unique attributes:
- The use of audio-sync technology that allows Global to sync the broadcast of Survivor and the app to deliver relevant content timed precisely to each part of the weekly episodes
- The content offers a mixture of episode-specific material including trivia questions, polls, photo challenges and more; participating earns users virtual points and achievements
- Leverages Apple's Game Center for virtual points and achievements
- Users are able to compete both individually and as part of an online tribe, with winners announced each week
- A fully-functional Twitter task-bar exists within the companion screen allowing users to monitor and participate in the Survivor conversation without exiting the app
- Compatibility with the live broadcast of the episodes as well as with recorded versions via Personal Video Recorders (PVR)
Consumers wishing to access this new companion feature can visit the App Store on their personal devices and download the Global Video App. Users who already have this app will be prompted to update the current version to include the companion experience.
Survivor: One World airs Wednesdays - 8pm ET/PT on Global.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Global Television is a Shaw Media network.
For further information:
For media inquiries, please contact:
Jaime Werby, Publicist