LAVAL, QC, July 4, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - The Smog Alert issued on July 2 is now over. According to Environment Canada's data, the air quality is now within acceptable standards. The STL therefore wishes to thank all riders who took the bus, instead of their cars, and who, in so doing, helped improve the air quality. The single-trip fare is consequently back to normal on July 5 ($3).
The STL, Facts and Figure
- The STL makes over 20 million trips annually.
- The STL has launched the STL Synchro system to inform transit users, in real-time, about bus schedules and routes.
- Our fare policy is designed to encourage families to use public transit: an adult paying a regular fare on weekends and holidays may be accompanied by up to five children of 11 years of age or under at no extra charge. This policy also applies to summer day fares from July 1 to Labour Day. Our new $1 fare on smog alert days over the summer is a first in Québec.
- The STL has also teamed up with the Association québécoise de lutte contre la pollution atmosphérique, Communauto and The Carpooling Network, to promote sustainable transportation in Laval.
- The STL is now posting news and announcing service notices on its Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- The STL offers transit users the opportunity to receive notices about their favourite bus routes and find out what's new at the STL by signing up for My STL.
- The STL has increased its on-time performance to nearly 90% since the introduction of its Vehicle Scheduling Control System in 2009.
- The STL has recently received a number of awards and distinctions including the Grand Prix for excellence in public transit from the AQTR in 2010 ranking it as an outstanding corporation.
- In 2011, the STL received the Communication Grand Public award from the AQTR for its Smog Alert program.
- In May 2012, the Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA) presented the STL with its Corporate Leadership Award in the Innovation category for its CLIC project: carpooling with electric vehicles.
- In May 2013, the AQTr awarded the STL their Coup de cœur du jury d'honneur award for two projects: Operational support and user information system for paratransit (SAEIV) and CLIC the electric carpooling project launched in conjunction with the AMT.
- In June 2013, the CUTA awarded the STL with two Corporate Leadership Awards: one in the Innovation category for its Operational support and user information system for paratransit (SAEIV) and other in the Marketing and Communications category for the Let's Develop Together contest.
- In May 2012, the STL launched the new STL Sustainable Mobility Solution service. This program is designed for companies and organizations concerned about finding ways to more efficiently manage commuting for their employees.
- In November 2012, the STL signed the International Association of Public Transport's UITP Charter on Sustainable Development.
- In March 2013, the STL became the first public transit corporation in Québec to be certified as a Healthy Enterprise.
SOURCE: Société de transport de Laval
For further information:
Director, Communications and Marketing
Société de transport de Laval