GATINEAU, QC, Nov. 29, 2018 /CNW/ -
- Electors in the electoral district of Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes (Ontario) who are not registered can still vote in the Monday, December 3 by-election. They can register at their polling place on election day.
- To find their polling place, all electors need to do is enter their postal code online or call
- For faster service at the polls, electors who are not registered can fill out a registration certificate online, print it and bring it with them to the polls to complete their registration.
- To register and vote, electors must prove their identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online. Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- To be eligible to vote in this by-election, an elector's home address must have been in the electoral district of Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes since Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
SOURCE Elections Canada
For further information: Elections Canada Media Relations, 1-877-877-9515, elections.ca