GATINEAU, QC, Dec. 7, 2017 /CNW/ -
- Electors in Battlefords–Lloydminster (Saskatchewan), Bonavista–Burin–Trinity (Newfoundland and Labrador), Scarborough–Agincourt (Ontario) and South Surrey–White Rock (British Columbia) who are not registered can still vote in the Monday, December 11 by-elections. They can register at their polling place on election day.
- To find their polling place, all electors need to do is enter their postal code online or call 1-800-463-6868.
- For faster service, unregistered electors can fill out a registration certificate online, print it and bring it with them to the polls.
- To register and vote, electors must prove their identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online. Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- To be eligible to vote in one of these by-elections, an elector's home address must be in the electoral district where the by-election is taking place. Their home address must have been in that electoral district since November 8, 2017.
Ready to vote
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
SOURCE Elections Canada
For further information: Elections Canada Media Relations, 1-877-877-9515, elections.ca