GATINEAU, QC, March 30, 2017 /CNW/ - Electors in Calgary Heritage (Alberta), Calgary Midnapore (Alberta), Markham–Thornhill (Ontario), Ottawa–Vanier (Ontario) and Saint-Laurent (Quebec) who are not registered can still vote in the Monday, April 3 by-elections. They can register at their polling place on election day.
- To find their polling place, all electors need to do is enter their postal code online or call 1-800-463-6868.
- Unregistered electors who wish to do so are invited to enter their information online, print a registration certificate and bring it with them for faster service at the polls.
- To register and vote, electors must prove their identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online.
- Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- In order to vote in these by-elections, an elector's home address must be in an electoral district where a by-election is taking place, and must have been so since March 1st.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
SOURCE Elections Canada
For further information: Elections Canada Media Relations, 1-877-877-9515, elections.ca