GATINEAU, QC, Feb. 8, 2019 /CNW/ -
- Elections Canada has mailed a reminder brochure to each household in Burnaby South (British Columbia), Outremont (Quebec) and York–Simcoe (Ontario), where a by-election is taking place.
- In the brochure, electors are reminded that if they have not received a voter information card showing their correct name and address, they should take steps to register or update their registration.
- Before 6:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday, February 19, electors can register or update their address using Elections Canada's online voter registration service. Or, they can register or update their registration at their local Elections Canada office:
- Electors who wish to vote at advance polls can register at their assigned advance polling place just before they vote. Advance polls are open from Friday, February 15, to Monday, February 18, from noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Electors who have not registered before 6:00 p.m. local time on Tuesday, February 19, may register at their assigned polling place just before they vote on election day.
- Electors who would like more information may call 1-800-463-6868.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
SOURCE Elections Canada
For further information: Elections Canada Media Relations, 1-877-877-9515, elections.ca