Election Reminder Brochures are in the Mail
27 Nov, 2017, 15:56 ET
GATINEAU, QC, Nov. 27, 2017 /CNW/ -
- Elections Canada has mailed a reminder brochure to each household in
Battlefords–Lloydminster (Saskatchewan), Bonavista–Burin–Trinity (Newfoundland and Labrador), Scarborough–Agincourt (Ontario) and South Surrey–White Rock (British Columbia), electoral districts where by-elections are taking place.
- The reminder brochure tells electors that if they have not received a voter information card showing their correct name and address, they should take steps to register or update their registration.
- Before 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 5, electors can register or update their address using Elections Canada's online voter registration service. Or, they can register or update their registration at their local Elections Canada office:
- Electors who wish to vote at advance polls can register at their assigned advance polling place just before they vote. Advance polls are open from Friday, December 1, to Monday, December 4, from noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Electors who have not registered before 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 5, may register at their assigned polling place on election day just before they vote.
- Electors who would like more information may call 1-800-463-6868.
Ready to vote
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
SOURCE Elections Canada
For further information: Elections Canada Media Relations, 1-877-877-9515, elections.ca
Share this article