Federal By-elections Are Today
GATINEAU, QC, Oct. 23, 2017 /CNW/ -
- Electors in Lac-Saint-Jean (Quebec) and Sturgeon River–Parkland (Alberta) are heading to the polls today.
- Electors must vote at their assigned polling place. To learn where to vote, electors can visit elections.ca or call 1-800-463‑6868. They can also check their voter information card.
- Voting hours (local time):
- Lac-Saint-Jean: 9:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Sturgeon River–Parkland: 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- To vote, electors must be registered. Those who are not registered may register at their polling place, just before they vote. For faster service, unregistered electors can fill out a registration certificate at elections.ca, print it and bring it to their polling place.
- Electors must prove their identity and address. They can visit elections.ca to see the list of ID accepted at the polls or call 1-800-463-6868 for more information.
- Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- Preliminary results from the by-elections will be published at elections.ca as soon as they become available.
Ready to vote
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
SOURCE Elections Canada
For further information: Elections Canada Media Relations, 1-877-877-9515, elections.ca