DraftKings Partners with Leading eSports Organizations Cloud 9, TSM, CLG, SK Gaming, compLexity Gaming and Mousesports
BOSTON, Sept. 23, 2015 /CNW/ -- DraftKings, Inc., a leading daily fantasy sports destination, today announced the addition of eSports to its industry-leading offerings, which include NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, NASCAR, PGA and MMA. The formal launch of DraftKings' eSports games will center on the League of Legends World Championship through a partnership with six leading eSports organizations.
"eSports is one of the world's most popular spectator sports, and we are excited to introduce League of Legends to our industry-leading fantasy platform as a way to bring fans worldwide closer to the game," said Matt Kalish, CRO and Co-Founder of DraftKings. "Our partnerships with Cloud 9, TSM, CLG, SK Gaming, compLexity Gaming and Mousesports show our strong commitment to the eSports space, and our desire to work with top teams and players to support and help grow this booming space."
DraftKings will begin offering fantasy eSports contests on October 1, 2015 with the start of the League of Legends World Championships. Participants will be able to play for free or compete against others in cash prize leagues, including a $3 entry fee contest featuring $25,000 in prizes.
DraftKings Partner Teams
- compLexity Gaming: Owned and operated by some of the finest minds in the industry, compLexity has a long heritage of championship caliber teams, superstar players, news reporting and gaming entertainment ventures.
- SK Gaming: One of the oldest and most storied organizations in eSports, SK Gaming won their first world championship in 2002. Based out of Cologne, Germany, the team is among the most successful organizations in the sport.
- CLOUD9: Named the Most Valuable eSports Team at the SXSW Awards, Cloud9 was recently featured in the documentary "All Work All Play."
- Counter Logic Gaming (CLG): Founded in Los Angeles in 2010 by former League of Legends pro George "HotshotGG" Georgallidis, their League of Legends team recently won the NA LCS Championship in Madison Square Garden and were featured on ESPN.
- Team SoloMid (TSM): Started by brothers Andy and Dan Dinh in 2009, TSM fields teams in League of Legends, Hearthstone and others. The team won League of Legends at 2015's IEM World Championship Katowice.
- Mousesports: Founded in 2002, Mousesports has grown to field teams across Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft II and many others.
To help new fantasy eSports players learn how to approach fantasy gaming, DraftKings will feature exclusive content including video tutorials, helpful articles and integrated content from the teams on http://playbook.draftkings.com/. To participate in an eSports contest, please visit www.draftkings.com.
The DraftKings eSports partnership was brokered by IMG.
DraftKings, Inc. is a leading skill-based Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) gaming destination for fans in North America to compete in single-day online games for cash and prizes across the largest variety of professional sports. DraftKings is the exclusive DFS partner of Major League Baseball, the National Hockey League, NASCAR and Ultimate Fighting Championship. Founded in 2012 by CEO Jason Robins, CRO Matt Kalish and COO Paul Liberman, DraftKings is headquartered in Boston, Mass.
The DraftKings app is available on iTunes and the Google Play Store. For more information, go to www.draftkings.com.
SOURCE DraftKings, Inc.
For further information: DraftKings, Sabrina Macias, email@example.com, (646) 565-6758, http://www.draftkings.com