POINTE-CLAIRE, QC, May 26, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Pierre Lapointe, President and CEO of FPInnovations, is pleased to announce that Dr. Trevor Stuthridge has accepted the position of Executive Vice President at FPInnovations effective July 1, 2014.
In this role, Dr. Stuthridge will be responsible for leading FPInnovations' operations divisions through effective leadership, management and support of its key resource, employees. In addition, he will be responsible for the Preventative Health and Safety Strategy across the organisation and champion the development and delivery of the Operational Strategic Plan.
Quick Facts about Dr. Stuthridge
- Currently a senior research leader and executive manager of Scion, a New Zealand Crown Research Institute (www.scionresearch.com) specializing in research, science, and technology development for the forestry, wood product and wood-derived materials, and biomaterial sectors.
- Founded and managed Scion's Sustainable Design group, a core provider of innovation in the areas of forest management, wood processing, pulp and paper and sustainability, and specializing in clean technologies, forest industry informatics, and value chain optimisation.
- Initiated, co-invented or oversaw eight technical/product opportunities that have gone to pilot scale, full scale, or commercial development in the past five years, including New Zealand's largest current lignocellulosic-to-biofuels project, a forestry management software business, and a spin-off company (Terax 2013 Ltd - www.terax.co.nz ) for an advanced organic waste deconstruction technology.
- Has substantive knowledge of the Canadian research and forest sectors via more than 20 years of on-going collaborative relationships with industry stakeholders, research organisations and universities. Since 2006, he has served as an adjunct professor at the University of Toronto, and in 1996 completed a sabbatical at FPInnovations' Pulp, Paper and BioProducts division.
"I am extremely pleased that Trevor has decided to join our team at FPInnovations. As FPInnovations continues to evolve to better serve our long-time clients while creating and seizing opportunities beyond traditional forest sector markets, Trevor's experience in collaborative research management and innovative product development and licensing will be a significant asset to our organization."
President and CEO, FPInnovations
- To find out more about our research programs, please visit: www.fpinnovations.ca and follow us on Twitter @FPInnovations.
FPInnovations is a not-for-profit world leader that specializes in the creation of scientific solutions in support of the Canadian forest sector's global competitiveness and responds to the priority needs of its industry members and government partners. It is ideally positioned to perform research, innovate, and deliver state-of-the-art solutions for every area of the sector's value chain, from forest operations to consumer and industrial products. FPInnovations' staff numbers more than 525. Its R&D laboratories are located in Québec City, Montréal, and Vancouver, and it has technology transfer offices across Canada.
Image with caption: "Dr. Trevor Stuthridge named executive vice president of FPInnovations (CNW Group/FPInnovations)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140526_C3233_PHOTO_EN_2276.jpg
For further information: Terry Knee, Communications Director, FPInnovations, 514-442-1598, [email protected]