Canadian hockey fans can get ready for a round of "need 'em, got 'em, trade 'em" with special edition NHL® Upper Deck® hockey cards available September 30
OAKVILLE, ON, Sept. 24, 2015 /CNW/ - Playing shifts is part of the game for Pittsburgh Penguins centre Sidney Crosby and Colorado Avalanche centre Nathan MacKinnon. But videos released today show the NHL player duo working a different kind of shift: taking orders at a Tim Hortons drive thru. Videos of Crosby and MacKinnon surprising Tim Hortons guests debut today on Tim Hortons YouTube channel, YouTube.com/timhortons, to celebrate the launch of the Tim Hortons Collector's Series NHL® Trading Cards and a fun online Collect to Win Contest.
Starting September 30, the Tim Hortons Collector's Series NHL® Trading Cards will be available in three-card packs while supplies last at restaurants for $1 plus tax, with each beverage purchased ($1.99 without purchase). The Tim Hortons Collector's Series NHL Trading Cards highlight 99 of today's NHL superstars in the base card set plus a Tim Horton player card (#001 in the set). Collectors can also watch out for a variety of insert and redemption cards, including NHL Autograph Cards and NHL Jersey Relic Cards that feature a piece of an actual game-worn jersey from one of 17 NHL players.
The trading fun extends online, as each physical pack of trading cards contains a unique PIN that unlocks digital trading cards online. When fans register at www.collecttowin.ca, they will automatically receive a digital five-card starter pack. Fans can collect and trade digital Tim Hortons Collector's Series NHL Trading Cards with fans across the country for a chance to win 1 of 5 VIP trips to the 2016 NHL® All-Star Weekend, as well as one of 100 EA Sports NHL '16 PlayStation 4 Prize Packs and other great prizes.
Tim Hortons has a long-standing relationship with Sidney Crosby, and this program integrates the star player on a variety of levels. Eighty-seven personally signed Crosby Timbits hockey cards are up for grabs, featuring the hockey icon as a young Timbits player in his hometown of Cole Harbour. And, in addition to the now-available drive thru videos, both Crosby and fellow Nova Scotia native, MacKinnon, will star in the television commercial for the new collection.
"It's been a lot of fun teaming up with Tim Hortons for this exciting new launch. I remember collecting when I was a kid and it's great to bring trading cards to a new generation of hockey fans," says Sidney Crosby. "Nate and I had a lot of fun with both the customers and employees in the Tims drive thru and enjoyed meeting some fellow Nova Scotians."
"Hockey is part of Tim Hortons DNA. From our founder, NHL great Tim Horton, to partnerships at all levels of the sport, to our relationship with players like Sidney and Nathan, Tim Hortons has an innate connection to Canada's favourite game," says Peter Nowlan, Chief Marketing Officer, Tim Hortons Canada. "The launch of Tim Hortons Collector's Series NHL Trading Cards and online trading platform is the next chapter of our hockey history. With the help of Sidney Crosby and Nathan MacKinnon, we're connecting with hockey fans, young and old, across the country by capturing the nostalgia of hockey card collecting in a new and exciting way."
The cards were developed in partnership with the NHL, the NHLPA and their exclusive licensed trading card partner, Upper Deck.
"Tim Hortons has such a strong association with hockey, making it the ideal brand to work with on this innovative platform for card collecting and trading," says Jason Masherah, President of Upper Deck. "With the calibre of this season's rookie talent, there has been a surge in interest for hockey cards, and the online trading component of this program will give fans across Canada easy access to them."
Tim Hortons® Overview
Tim Hortons, part of Restaurant Brands International, is one of North America's largest restaurant chains operating in the quick service segment. Founded as a single location in Canada in 1964, Tim Hortons appeals to a broad range of consumer tastes, with a menu that includes premium coffee, hot and cold specialty drinks (including lattes, cappuccinos and espresso shots), specialty teas and fruit smoothies, fresh baked goods, grilled Panini and classic sandwiches, wraps, soups, prepared foods and other food products. As of July 27, 2015, Tim Hortons had more than 4,700 system wide restaurants located in Canada, the United States and the Gulf Cooperation Council. More information about the Company is available at www.timhortons.com.
About Restaurant Brands International
Restaurant Brands International Inc. is one of the world's largest quick service restaurant companies with approximately $23 billion in system sales and over 19,000 restaurants in nearly 100 countries and U.S. territories. Restaurant Brands International owns two of the world's most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands - TIM HORTONS® and BURGER KING®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees, and communities for over 50 years. To learn more about Restaurant Brands International, please visit the Company's website at www.rbi.com.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks and the NHL All-Star logo is a trademark of the National Hockey League.
© NHL 2015. All Rights Reserved.
NHLPA and the NHLPA logo are trademarks of the National Hockey League Players' Association. © NHLPA. All Rights Reserved.
TIM HORTONS COLLECTOR'S SERIES NHL® UPPER DECK® TRADING CARDS: AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 30
- 100-card base set of today's NHL superstars, sold in three-card packs at Tim Hortons Restaurants while quantities last
- $1 plus tax, with each beverage purchased ($1.99 without purchase)
- Collector's Series includes NHL superstars such as Sidney Crosby, Carey Price, Jonathan Toews, Taylor Hall and Erik Karlsson
- Special Collection Insert Cards, including: Above the Ice, Franchise Force and Shining Futures
- Base set also includes Tim Horton player card (#001 in the set)
- Developed in partnership with the NHL, the NHLPA and their exclusive licensed trading card partner, Upper Deck
Prize Cards and Special Collection Insert Cards:
Collectors should look out for the following Prize Cards that have been randomly placed in hockey card packs:
- 87 Personally Signed Sidney Crosby Timbits Hockey Cards
- NHL® Autograph Cards from one of 15 NHLers, including Alex Ovechkin, Matt Duchene and Max Pacioretty
- NHL® Jersey Relic Cards from one of 17 NHLers, has a swatch of game-used jersey within each card from players such as Erik Karlsson, Jordan Eberle and John Tavares
- NHL® Autograph Jersey Cards, from one of 7 NHLers, has a swatch of game-used jersey within each card that has also been autographed by players such as Jonathan Bernier, Sean Monahan and Jacob Trouba
Online: Collect, Trade, Win
- Each physical pack contains a unique PIN code that will allow fans to collect and trade digital cards online at www.collecttowin.ca
- When fans first register, they receive a digital five-card starter pack and can begin trading digital cards with collectors across the country
- Users collect and trade their digital trading cards to achieve collection goals and achievements for a chance to win incredible prizes, such as: 1 of 5 VIP trips to the 2016 NHL All-Star Weekend, one of 100 EA Sports NHL '16 PlayStation 4 Prize Packs and other great prizes
SOURCE Tim Hortons
Image with caption: "Sidney Crosby and Nathan MacKinnon surprise guests and help launch Tim Hortons Collector's Series NHL Trading Cards (CNW Group/Tim Hortons)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150924_C9862_PHOTO_EN_44239.jpg
Image with caption: "Sidney Crosby (CNW Group/Tim Hortons)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150924_C9862_PHOTO_EN_44237.jpg
Image with caption: "Tim Horton (CNW Group/Tim Hortons)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150924_C9862_PHOTO_EN_44238.jpg
For further information:
For further information or to arrange an interview, please contact: