SAO PAULO, Dec. 11, 2017 /CNW/ -- Created in the online universe in 2000 and expanding to brick-and-mortar retail where customers participate in a single program whenever they make purchases at various establishments, earning the same type of points. Founded by Brazilian businessman Roberto Chade, Dotz formed an international partnership with Loyalty One, the manager of the world's largest coalition loyalty program, Air Miles. As a result of this partnership, since 2009 Loyalty One has held a 37% stake in Dotz, with the Chade family owning the remaining 63%.
Seeking to boost earnings and expand the profitability to partnering retailers, at the same time that it allows consumers to use their daily purchases to get more out of life, increasing the purchasing power of Brazilians, Dotz is the fastest growing coalition loyalty program in the country. Dotz currently has more than 23 million clients, more than 300 partners, 8,200 brick-and-mortar partner establishments, physical presence in 690 cities across 12 states, and more than 160 online partners that allow people from all over Brazil to take part in the loyalty program. With this array of partners, customers earn Dotz in their daily purchases and then redeem them for products, plane tickets, supermarket vouchers, or pay their water, electric, or phone bills, and much more. Dotz can be redeemed for more than 50,000 products and experiences. The company registers an average of 900 Dotz distributed every second, and close to 10,000 redemptions every day.
Among Dotz's main partners are major brands familiar to every Brazilian, such as Banco do Brasil, Banco Santander, Vivo, Polishop, Ri Happy, the Super Nosso, Big Box, Angeloni, Paulistao, and Prezunic supermarkets, Posto Ale, Atlantica Hotels, Walmart.com, Americanas.com, and Submarino.com. If Dotz were classified as a retailer, considering the unified revenue at the company's 17 partner food retailers, Dotz could be said to be the 4th-largest supermarket group in Brazil.
The new Dotz challenge
In spite of Brazil's currently tumultuous economic situation, Dotz has set itself the challenge of doubling in size in three years, reaching revenue of R$1 billion. To do this, the company is relying on the following pillars of growth:
- Entering new locations: with a physical presence in major Brazilian cities, Dotz now plans to set up shop in strategic cities such as São Paulo, Salvador, and Porto Alegre.
- New businesses: the company's new fronts of action will be along the markets of Coalition Incentive Campaigns, Utilities – with the distribution of Dotz to clients of electric companies such as Elektro –, and entry into the Insurance business, where the company will distribute Dotz to holders of insurance plans.
- Growing its client base: with more than 23 million clients, Dotz continues to report constant growth in the markets where it has already consolidated its presence, and has forecasts to capture new clients as part of its expansion plan.
- Expansion in consolidated markets: in states where Dotz has a strong presence in the capital cities, the company now plans to expand its activities into cities in the interior of those states.
- New partners: both in e-commerce and at brick-and-mortar retailers, Dotz is constantly working to capture new partners, and its results have attracted the interest of major Brazilian retailers, who see in the coalition program an opportunity to create even more customer loyalty.
- Partnerships with industry: the food and beverage industry has increasingly relied on the program by providing Dotz Extras to customers, making it so that products sold in partner supermarkets offer more benefits to consumers, who end up earning more Dotz in their daily purchases.
55 11 3736-9585 or 55 11 3736-9581- Natalia