- Energy and Electricity Sector Future explored at 13th Annual Conference in Toronto -
TORONTO, March 21, 2012 /CNW/ - Weeks after delivering his highly-anticipated report, Public Service for Ontarians: A Pathway to Sustainability and Excellence, economist Don Drummond will address business and energy industry executives at ENERCOM 2012 Conference and Exhibition. The 13th annual conference takes place from March 27 to 28 at the Royal York Hotel in Toronto and is one of a series of events hosted by The MEARIE Group for the energy and electricity sector.
Highlighting the theme "Crossover to the Future," ENERCOM 2012 will explore the next 100 years by bringing together economic, technology and social leaders to share their strategic vision and explore the future impacts on innovation, business, personal lifestyle, communications, education, the economy and energy. Don Drummond joins an impressive roster of keynote speakers at ENERCOM 2012 which also features sessions by renowned trend expert, Jim Carroll, and former Greenpeace founder and President, Dr. Patrick Moore.
ENERCOM delegates include senior representatives from organizations that comprise all segments of the energy industry in Canada including generation, transmission and distribution as well as government and agencies that play a role in the regulation, supply and demand of electricity in Canada. In addition to a two-day conference agenda featuring 13 guest speakers and a panel discussion on the Ontario economy, ENERCOM also includes an exhibition of over 20 organizations, businesses and educational institutions that support and are focused on the energy sector and local distribution company (LDC) industry in Ontario.
The notable roster of ENERCOM 2012 speakers includes:
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
- Jim Carroll, Futurist, Trends, Creativity and Innovation Expert: The Future Belongs to Those Who are Fast!
- Rob MacIsaac, President, Mohawk College: Education, Transportation and the Environment - What Does the Future Hold?
- Don Drummond, Chair, Commission on the Reform of Ontario's Public Services; The Reform of Government Services and the Impact to the Energy Sector
- Lucia Mancuso, Lead Strategist, President, The Blog Studio: Pulling Back the Digital Curtain: An Insider's View of the Future That's Here Now
- Derek Burleton, Vice President and Deputy Chief Economist TD Bank Financial Group; Dr. Bryne Purchase, Executive Director, Queens Institute for Energy and Environmental Policy; David McFadden, Chair International, Partner, Gowlings; Panel Discussion: A Forecast of the Ontario Economy in the Next 20 Years
- Kerry Munro, Group President, Digital Delivery Network, Canada Post Corporation; Technology's Role in Building Sustainability
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
- David Hay, Managing Director and Vice Chairman, CIBC World Markets: Energizing Infrastructure - Is the Private Sector Willing to Pay?
- Dr. Tim McTiernan, President and Vice-Chancellor, University of Ontario Institute of Technology: Research and Innovation in Evolving Technologies at UOIT
- Dr. Rick Miner, President Emeritus, Seneca College: Looking Ahead to The Jobs of the Future - Exploring Ontario's Labour Market
- Martha Healey, Partner, Norton Rose Canada: Privacy - The Future is Now?
- Dr. Patrick Moore, Chair and Chief Scientist, Greenspirit Strategies Ltd: The Future of Energy on Earth
The MEARIE Group's ENERCOM 2012 Conference and Exhibition takes place on Tuesday, March 27 and Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at the Royal York Hotel, 100 Front Street West, Toronto in the Concert Hall. Further information on the event and a full itinerary is available at www.enercom.to.
About The MEARIE Group
The MEARIE Group is the service provider of choice to the Ontario electricity industry. The company leverages an intimate knowledge of the industry to provide clients with specialized products and services including group benefit plans, training programs, conferences and financial and business solutions. MEARIE is a trusted and long-time service provider to Ontario's electricity industry. www.mearie.ca
For further information:
Andrea Dale, Vice President, Marketing, Sales & Corporate Affairs (905) 265-5352; email@example.com