SHERBROOKE, QC, Nov. 18, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - The first IGA express in Estrie will open its doors today at 3265 King Street West in Sherbrooke. Unique in Quebec, this cross between a supermarket, convenience store, and fast food counter is designed to help Quebecers eat better when they're on the run. The site also has a Shell service station along with a car wash, and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The future of neighbourhood markets
The 3,500 square-foot store will create fifteen new jobs in Sherbrooke. "We believe strongly in this concept that fully embodies our business vision, that of improving Quebecers' eating habits over the long-term with our Joy of Eating Better movement," says Luc Blais, vice president, Multi banner and petroleum branch at Sobeys Québec. "We want Quebecers to be able to eat well at any time of the day or night, even when they're rushing. With this store, people in Sherbrooke can fill up and wash their car, purchase their evening meal, or grab a great lunch and a delicious cup of coffee when they're in a hurry – and all in one place! It's an exceptional and unique local service."
Get it all done in a snap
The IGA express concept stands out in so many ways:
- Products and packaging specially designed for people on the move, like cut veggies in a container that fits a car's cup holder.
- Customers can buy a hot breakfast or protein-packed salad.
- The "Table ready in 20" section proposes meals to make at home in less than 20 minutes, with all the ingredients right at the customers' fingertips.
- A variety of fresh products: meat, ready-to-cook veggies, or a fresh baguette for dinner.
- Grocery products are offered at the same regular prices as traditional IGA stores. Customers will find the same quality products and services at IGA express as they do at larger IGA supermarkets.
The Joy of Eating Better - a movement of magnitude
IGA grocers and their teams believe that eating better can be good, simple, and affordable. The entire IGA family have rallied around the cause: employees, grocers, suppliers, and let's not forget the ambassadors, Josée di Stasio, Christian Bégin, and Stefano Faita, all three passionate about good food. Now more than ever, IGA is pursuing its mission to help Quebecers discover new flavours, choose more local products, eat healthier, and cook more.
The Sherbrooke IGA express adheres to this mission and the team is pleased to welcome its citizens at any hour to help them find whatever they need.
IGA is the largest group of independent grocers in Canada and its presence in Quebec dates to 1953. IGA retailers are constantly seeking new ways to serve their customers better. The IGA banner includes over 300 IGA, IGA extra, IGA express, and IGA mini stores. Moreover, IGA is the only group of food retailers to offer consumers the opportunity to accumulate AIR MILES® reward miles.
For further information: Laurie Fossat, Communications Advisor, Sobeys Québec, 514-324-1010, ext. 2158, email@example.com