TORONTO, June 21 /CNW/ - Travellers can discover Canada's natural beauty by exploring beautiful hiking trails and lakes in the National and Provincial parks while staying at some of the best hotels in the country with great rates available from Hotels.ca(R).
Here are five of Canada's top properties, all of which are adjacent to spectacular natural beauty:
- The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise (http://www.hotels.ca/hotel/details.html?pointName&reviewOrder=date_newest_first&lon=0.0&roomno=1&departureDate=06-05-2010&rooms%5b0%5d.numberOfAdults=2&tab=description&arrivalDate=06-03-2010&hotelId=173749&lat=0.0) - Nestled between the sprawling Canadian prairies and the Rocky Mountain range, Banff National Park is Canada's oldest national park. Enjoy the rugged Canadian landscape complete with both mountain hiking trails and glacial lakes. Located in the heart of Banff National Park and on the banks of Lake Louise, it is one of Canada's most stately and historic hotels. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise sits on the shores of the beautiful glacial lake that shares its name, and can be booked for as low as $299 a night.
- Deerhurst Resort (http://www.hotels.ca/hotel/details.html?pointName&reviewOrder=date_newest_first&lon=0.0&roomno=1&destinationId=1634172&rooms%5b0%5d.numberOfAdults=2&tab=description&hotelId=191863&lat=0.0) - Nature meets civilization amongst the endless lakes, forests and small towns in Ontario's cottage country. Just three hours north of Toronto is where seclusion meets comfort in Algonquin Park. Just beyond the hiking, canoeing and fishing of Algonquin Park is Deerhurst Resort for as low as $129 a night. Between the sprawling untouched forests of Algonquin and Deerhurst resort are three PGA-recognized golf courses. Soaring pine trees greet you on your way from the pristine shores of Lake Muskoka to a leading, full service spa.
- Chateau Beauvallon (http://www.hotels.ca/search.do?pointName&searchParams.arrivalDate=06-03-2010&searchParams.departureDate=06-05-2010&lon=0.0&queryFormState=CLOSED&searchParams.hotelId=259707&monthCheckOut=6&fromHotelDetails=false&destination=Mont-Tremblant%2C+Qu%C3%A9bec%2C+Canada&showSimilarDestinations=true&children=0&fromLandmark=false&searchParams.rooms.numberOfAdults=2&dayInMonthCheckIn=3&fromDisambiguation=false&advanced=true&destinationForLandmark&monthCheckIn=6&activeTab=DESTINATION&dayInMonthCheckOut=5&lat=0.0&rooms=1) - Mont-Tremblant National Park offers travellers the best elements of all Canada's National Parks in one location. Rivers weave throughout the pristine mountains, perfect for hiking, challenging climbing, and summer white-water rafting. After a long day in the outdoors, the Chateau Beauvallon will be a welcome retreat from the nail-biting action of the wilderness for as little as $149 a night. This hotel has received a whopping 100% recommendation by users of Hotels.ca, Chateau Beauvallon is an upscale, family-friendly venue with great amenities.
- The Liscombe Lodge Resort and Conference Centre (http://www.hotels.ca/hotel/details.html?destination=Liscombe+Lodge+Resort+and+Conference+Centre%2C+Liscomb%2C+Nova+Scotia%2C+Canada&searchParams.arrivalDate=&searchParams.departureDate=&rooms_=1&searchParams.rooms%5b0%5d.numberOfAdults=1&children%5b0%5d=0&asaReport=Ho) - Tucked away on the tranquil shores of the Liscomb River on Nova Scotia's Eastern Shore just two hours from Halifax, The Liscombe Lodge Resort and Conference Centre offers its guests a secluded destination to relax, unwind and enjoy nature in its truest form. 16 Nova Scotia hiking trails are close to the resort and rooms are available from as low as $146.
- Long Beach Lodge Resort (http://www.hotels.ca/hotel/details.html?pointName&reviewOrder=date_newest_first&lon=0.0&roomno=1&destinationId=1633853&rooms%5b0%5d.numberOfAdults=2&tab=description&hotelId=266137&lat=0.0) - Surrounded by a rugged mountainous exterior, Pacific Rim National Park is full of surprises. Beyond its rough exterior, Pacific Rim's interior is filled with lush rainforests. With its consistently balmy temperature, this park offers travellers sightseeing and hiking year round. On the banks of its many freshwater lakes is the Long Beach Lodge Resort, a rustic but elegant retreat nestled deeply in the rainforests. It offers guided tours for those with an adventurous spirit and full business support for conferences. Pacific Rim National Park is located just east of Vancouver Island, and is a great addition to anyone's Vancouver travel plans for as low as $171 a night.
Hotels.ca, part of the hotels.com worldwide group of sites is a leading provider of worldwide accommodations to Canadians, offering reservation services through its website at www.hotels.ca and its toll-free call centre at 1-800-CA-HOTELS (1-800-224-6835). Hotels.ca offers travellers the widest selection of accommodations - from traditional hotels to vacation rentals - at over 99,000 properties in Canada, the United States, Europe, and around the world. The company offers a one-stop shopping source for hotels, with over 1.8 million customer reviews, a Price Match Guarantee and pricing in Canadian dollars. Hotels.ca is a brand owned and operated by Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE).
Hotels.ca, Hotel Price Index and the Hotels.ca logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotels.com, LP, in the U.S. and/or other countries. (C) 2010 Hotels.com, LP. All rights reserved.
All prices are in Canadian dollars.
For further information: For further information: or to request an interview with Hotels.ca, please contact: Trell Huether, Marshall Fenn Communications, 416-962-3366 ext. 233, firstname.lastname@example.org