The international event organized by INAF features renowned experts including Simin Meydani, PhD and Jeffrey Bland, MD, PhD
MONTREAL, Sept. 18, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Atrium Innovations Inc. ("Atrium" or the "Company"), a globally recognized leader in applied clinical nutrition research and education, is proud to announce its speaker line up for BÉNÉFIQ 2014, an international rendez-vous dedicated to the topic of health ingredients taking place Sept. 23-25 in Quebec City, Canada, dedicated to the topic of health ingredients.
Key findings from Atrium's Applied Clinical Research Program on cardiometabolic health, developed in collaboration with the Institute of Nutrition and Functional Foods (INAF) at Laval University, will be presented for the first time during BÉNÉFIQ 2014. These will include research on proprietary polyphenol blends extracted from small fruits and berries, including the clinical trial investigating Glucophenol® from strawberry and its promotion of insulin sensitivity.* Results generated in collaboration with the large, multinational Neurophenols consortium exploring the potential role of fruit polyphenols in supporting cognitive function will also be presented.*
"As a Diamond Sponsor of this year's event, Atrium is proud to support the advancement of industry research," said Barry W. Ritz, PhD, Vice President, Scientific and Regulatory Affairs. "Atrium is committed to educating industry professionals on research-based approaches to nutritional health, and we are excited to share our latest research findings with key industry leaders during BÉNÉFIQ 2014," Dr. Ritz continued.
In addition to presenting the research findings, representatives from Atrium and collaborators will speak throughout the conference on cardiometabolic health, healthy active aging, and sports nutrition, concluding with keynote speaker Dr. Jeffrey Bland discussing the role of nutrition in personalized medicine.
- Tuesday, Sept. 23, 4:30-5 p.m., "Age and nutrition-induced changes in immune and inflammatory response," Dr. Simin Meydani, director, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging
- Wednesday, Sept. 24, 10-10:30 a.m., "Neurophenols: A combination of plant extracts targeting the age-related cognitive decline," Veronique Pallet, Bordeaux INP
- Wednesday, Sept. 24, 4-4:30 p.m., "Negative effects of excessive endurance training," Dr. Victoria Coleman, vice president, Clinical Education, Atrium Innovations
- Thursday, Sept. 25, 10:30-11 a.m., "Nutritional components and their potential to modulate inflammation in humans," Marie-Eve Paradis, coordinator, Industry Clinical Trials, INAF
- Thursday, Sept. 25, 1:30-2 p.m., "Polyphenol supplementation for the treatment of resistance to insulin," Helene Jacques, professor, INAF
- Thursday, Sept. 25, 1:30-2:30 p.m., "Phytonutrition: The "Wild Card" in medical nutrition therapy," Dr. Jeffrey Bland, founder and president, Personalized Lifestyle Medicine Institute
For additional information on the speakers and their presentations, please visit www.benefiq.ca.
To learn more about Atrium's innovative products and research, please visit Atrium's booth #506 at BÉNÉFIQ 2014 or www.atrium-innovations.com.
About Atrium Innovations
Atrium Innovations Inc. is a globally recognized leader in the development, manufacturing, and commercialization of innovative, science-based, natural health products which are distributed in more than 35 countries. The Company owns healthcare practitioner and specialized retail product brands that are at the forefront of science, innovation and education. Atrium has over 1,500 employees and operates seven manufacturing facilities complying with current Good Manufacturing Practices. Additional information is available at www.atrium-innovations.com.
BÉNÉFIQ is the only international scientific and business gathering in Canada dedicated to health ingredients where renowned speakers lecture on current hot topics, a broad range of health ingredient suppliers showcase their products, innovative technologies are presented and business meetings and networking opportunities abound.
BÉNÉFIQ is an initiative of the Institute of Nutrition and Functional Foods (INAF) of Université Laval, the largest group of researchers in Canada dedicated entirely to the complex interactions between foods, food components, nutrition, and health.
SOURCE: Atrium Innovations Inc.
For further information:
e: [email protected]