LEVIS, QC, June 30, 2020 /CNW Telbec/ - Desjardins General Insurance Group (DGIG) has released its 2019 Public Accountability Statement. The statement highlights DGIG initiatives that supported the economic, environmental and social well-being of clients, employees and communities in 2019.
Highlights from 2019
- Our commitment to our communities - In 2019, Desjardins Group committed $86,900,000 to charitable donations, sponsorships, philanthropic partnerships and scholarships, $3,540,000 of which was contributed directly by DGIG.
- The Canadian Red Cross - At DGIG, we believe it's important to provide significant financial support to communities recovering from accidents or natural disasters. That's why we contributed a total of $112,000 to the Red Cross in 2019 alone.
- The Desjardins Foundation - In 2019, DGIG contributed $198,500 to the Desjardins Foundation, Desjardins Group's charitable organization dedicated to encouraging youth to succeed academically and in other ways.
- Traffic Injury Research Foundation - In addition to supporting the Traffic Injury Research Foundation by raising awareness about road-safety research, DGIG also provides funding to the organization each year to aid in their efforts to reduce the number of injuries and fatalities on our roadways.
- The Desjardins Disaster Relief Fund - DGIG created the Desjardins Disaster Relief Fund to support our policyholders and Desjardins Group members in Quebec who are affected by disasters not covered by their insurance. In 2019, we provided a total of $53,000 to more than 90 members and clients through this program.
- Employee Contributions - As of December 31, 2019, more than 1,290 DGIG employees have participated in our Outreach Program, volunteering a total of 26,667 hours of their time and raising more than $113,785 for a wide-variety of charitable organizations across Canada.
- Supporting Sustainability - DGIG's subsidiaries offer discounts on car and home insurance for clients with fuel-efficient, hybrid or electric vehicles and those who live in LEED-certified buildings.
For more information on these and other initiatives, please refer to DGIG's Public Accountability Statement. DGIG and its subsidiaries are part of Desjardins Group and DGIG's initiatives represent an integral part of the Desjardins Group Social and Cooperative Responsibility Report.
About Desjardins General Insurance Group
Founded in 1944, DGIG is a subsidiary of Desjardins Group, Canada's largest financial cooperative. Through its subsidiaries, DGIG offers a line of P&C insurance products and complementary services to more than 3 million customers across Canada.
SOURCE Desjardins Groupe d'assurances générales
For further information: (media inquiries only): Public relations, Desjardins Group, 514-281-7000 or 1-866-866-7000, ext. 5553436, [email protected]