GATINEAU, QC, Oct. 19, 2017 /CNW/ -
- The Acting Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Stéphane Perrault, has informed the leader of the Pirate Party of Canada that the party is deregistered effective Thursday, November 30, 2017.
- The party is being deregistered for failing to file the required financial transactions return and auditor's report for the 2016 fiscal year.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration and is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's website.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
SOURCE Elections Canada
For further information: Elections Canada Media Relations, 1-877-877-9515, elections.ca