GATINEAU, QC, Dec. 13, 2017 /CNW/ -
- The Acting Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Stéphane Perrault, has accepted a request for the voluntary deregistration of the National Advancement Party of Canada, effective December 31, 2017.
- The request was submitted to the Acting Chief Electoral Officer in a letter filed in accordance with section 414 of the Canada Elections Act, dated December 9, 2017, and signed by the party's leader and two party officers.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration. As well, it is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's website.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.
SOURCE Elections Canada
For further information: Elections Canada Media Relations, 1-877-877-9515, elections.ca