OTTAWA, July 17, 2014 /CNW/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency is making additional funding available through its Participant Funding Program to support registered participants at the additional public hearing days for the proposed DGR project. The public hearing is being held by the Joint Review Panel in Kincardine, Ontario starting September 9, 2014.
The additional funding is available only for registered participants who will be making an oral presentation at the public hearing. Applications received by August 1, 2014 will be considered.
To apply for funding, contact Marie-Josée Boudreau at the Participant Funding Program by email at [email protected] or call 1-866-582-1884. The Participant Funding application form, specific to the DGR public hearing, is available online at www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/050/documents/p17520/99573E.pdf.
- Recipients and the amount of funding allocated will be announced at a later date.
- On June 3, 2014, the Joint Review Panel announced that additional hearing days would be held regarding the subjects of the information requests issued by the Panel since November 2013.
- Ontario Power Generation proposes to prepare a site, and construct and operate a facility for the long-term management of low and intermediate level radioactive waste at the Bruce Nuclear site, within the Municipality of Kincardine.
- Participant Funding Program (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
- DGR Project (Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency)
SOURCE: Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information:
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency