TROIS-RIVIÈRES, QC, April 12, 2018 /CNW Telbec/ - Mr. Daniel Beaulieu, president and co-founder of L'Entrepôt de la Lunette-The Canadian Optical Warehouse, is delighted that the company's bid, which aims to democratize eyewear by offering consumers a fair price, has been chosen by Les Mercuriades 2018.
This competition, founded in 1981 by the Fédération des chambres de commerce du Québec (FCCQ), is today the most prestigious business competition in Quebec.
"You know, there is a certain monopoly among lens and frame suppliers. L'Entrepôt de la Lunette wants to offer business products and services at a fair price to consumers in a transparent way", proudly mentions Daniel Beaulieu.
"Being recognized by the Fédération des chambres de commerce du Québec confirms that our business model is different from the competition", he adds.
ABOUT DANIEL BEAULIEU
Daniel Beaulieu, a businessman from a family of entrepreneurs, has been active in the optics business for more than 35 years. Added to a long background in corporate law and in financial planning, Mr. Beaulieu has developed a unique expertise in the ophthalmic lens industry. The development of his companies has led him to meet visual health professionals from all over the world (more than 50 countries).
Daniel Beaulieu's achievements include:
- Partnership with Maurice Beaulieu in 1983, his father, a man who has been in the optics business since 1954;
- Acquisition of his first optical laboratory in Quebec City in June 1984;
- Founding of the Association of Optical Laboratories in Quebec in 1984;
- Responsible for the development of the first industry standards (BNQ) in 1985;
- Vice-president of the Canadian Optical Laboratories Association between 1997 and 2000;
- Co-founder of the Vision Optics Group in 1996 and president in 2000;
- Les Mercuriades finalist in 2004 in connection with a manufacturing company;
- Co-founder of Vision Optical Technologies in Louisville, KY in 2006;
- Co-founder of Direct-lens.com and Lensnet LLC;
- CEO of Optical Dynamics during the reorganization of 2006-2007;
- Co-founder of the DirectLab Network in Canada in May 2010;
- Co-founder of DirectLab USA and Aitlensclub.com in February 2012;
- Development of an international network under lensnetclub and ifcclub (international frames club).
ABOUT L'ENTREPÔT DE LA LUNETTE
L'Entrepôt de la Lunette is the first eyewear store in Quebec to offer a "Bring your prescription" concept. The company was created based on the promise of offering optical products that were "simply less expensive than elsewhere". Its primary mission is to facilitate access to an essential need in our society: visual health. L'Entrepôt de la Lunette wants to democratize eyewear, especially the price associated with it. The business model stands out as it focuses on reducing intermediaries to reduce costs for consumers. Thus, L'Entrepôt de la Lunette offers quality ophthalmic lenses and trendy frames at an affordable price.
The company owns a complete Optical laboratory in Ontario, has 12 branches with 11 in Quebec and one in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
SOURCE Entrepôt de la lunette
For further information: and interview management: Guylaine Beaudoin, BEAUDOIN relations publiques, Office: 819 840-2829, extension 301, Cell: 819 697-9800, [email protected]