TORONTO, March 14, 2019 /CNW/ -- Long considered the highest honour for the world's very best chefs and restaurateurs, the prestigious Michelin Guides continue to map a sparkling path of outstanding dining experiences for travellers and gourmands. This year, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts earned a record 25 Michelin stars at 17 celebrated restaurants worldwide providing a gateway to the Four Seasons experience.
"Exceptional culinary experiences are the backdrop to some of life's best moments," says Christian Clerc, President, Worldwide Hotel Operations. "Whether an international traveller or local gourmand, our guests are increasingly looking for exciting and authentic restaurant experiences. We are incredibly proud of the many accolades received by our restaurants and of the talented craftspeople whose unparalleled innovation and creativity bring the Four Seasons experience to life."
Michelin Guide France 2019
Released in January 2019, the latest edition in the country where the Michelin Guide originated affirms Four Seasons hotels as leading culinary destinations:
- At Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris, the team led by Executive Chef Christian Le Squer has retained its position as the only palace hotel to boast five stars across three restaurants arrayed around the Hotel's intimate courtyard, including Le Cinq***, Le George* helmed by Chef Simone Zanoni, and L'Orangerie*.
- On the French Riviera at Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel, Executive Chef Yoric Tièche and his team have once again earned a star for the legendary hotel's signature dining experience, Le Cap*.
- In Megève in the French Alps, Executive Chef Julien Gatillon and his team have retained their Michelin Guide rating with two stars for Le 1920** located inside Four Seasons Hotel Megève. At Les Chalets du Mont d'Arbois (reopening as a Four Seasons hotel later this year), Prima*, which is also overseen by Chef Gatillon, earned its first star in 2019.
Michelin Guide Hong Kong and Macau 2019
Lung King Heen was the first Cantonese restaurant in the world to earn three stars, and now Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong continues to set records with the distinction of having the most Michelin stars under one hotel roof:
- Since its opening more than 14 years ago, Lung King Heen*** once again leads the way with three stars under the visionary leadership of Chinese Executive Chef Chan Yan Tak.
- Caprice***, the signature French dining experience led by Chef de Cuisine Guilluame Galliot and renowned for its incredible cave au fromage, has earned a third star in the new Guide.
- Opening less than a year ago with Chef Ikuya Kobayashi leading the team, Sushi Saito** entered the Michelin Guide for the first time with two stars.
Also in the same edition, Chef Cheung Chi Choi and the team at Zi Yat Heen* at Four Seasons Hotel Macao have earned one star.
More Michelin Stars in More Destinations
Elsewhere in China, Chinese Executive Chef Mai Zhi Xiong and the team at Yu Yue Heen* have helped put Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou on the culinary map, while Chef Wayne Wang's Si Ji Xuan at Four Seasons Hotel Shanghai has once again earned a Michelin special recommendation.
Jiang-Nan Chun*, the authentic Cantonese dining experience presented by Chef Tim Lam at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, earned its first star in 2018, while Yu Yuan*and the team led by Chef de Cuisine Koo Kwok Fai at Four Seasons Hotel Seoul retained their ranking with one star. Sushi Waikon* by consulting Master Chef Rei Masuda at Four Seasons Hotel Kyoto also ranks with one star.
Back in Europe, Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Director Vito Mollica continues to innovate at Il Palagio* at Four Seasons Hotel Firenze. Led by Executive Chef Massimiliano Sena, Il Lago*, an Italian dining experience within Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, also retained its Michelin star rating.
In London, French Chef Anne-Sophie Pic's first establishment outside France, La Dame de Pic London* at Four Seasons Hotel London at Ten Trinity Square, also retained its star in the most recent Michelin Guide.
For more images, click here.
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Founded in 1960, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. Currently operating 111 hotels and resorts, and 41 residential properties in major city centres and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world's best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveller reviews and industry awards. For more information and reservations, visit fourseasons.com. For the latest news, visit press.fourseasons.com and follow @FourSeasonsPR on Twitter.
SOURCE Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts