– Premiere of CTV's all-new original music format wins the timeslot with all key demos –
– Episode 1 chosen artist Logan Staats' new single "The Lucky Ones" debuts at #1 on iTunes All-Genres Top Songs Chart –
– #TheLaunch trended #1 in Canada and delivered more than 120 million impressions –
– THE LAUNCH premiered as the #2 series on CTV.ca; while THE LAUNCH: DIRECTOR'S CUT ranked among Top 2 most-streamed series on CraveTV –
"THE LAUNCH Sees Out-the-Gate Success" - Variety
To tweet this release: bmpr.ca/2mJcKNw
TORONTO, Jan. 16, 2018 /CNW/ - One song can change everything – and the premiere of THE LAUNCH and its new original song "The Lucky Ones" did just that for CTV and chosen artist Logan Staats. CTV's all-new, original music series was the #1 program in its timeslot among key demos when it premiered last Wednesday, while Staat's single immediately debuted at #1 on iTunes.
In advance of Episode 2 tomorrow, Wednesday, Jan. 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO, here's a look at how THE LAUNCH launched last week:
On Media Platforms:
- More than 3.2 million unique viewers have already checked out THE LAUNCH across all airings, with Wednesday's debut seen by an average audience of 1.14 million viewers on CTV, CTV Two, Much, VRAK, and Canal Vie
- THE LAUNCH was the most-watched program in its Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET timeslot in all key demos, with a double-digit advantage for A25-54 and A18-49 against its closest competitor
- THE LAUNCH debuted as the second most-watched program on CTV.ca after THIS IS US, and remains a Top 10 series after five days
- On CraveTV, THE LAUNCH: DIRECTOR'S CUT premiered as one of the Top 2 most-streamed series on the service
- Viewership on CTV.ca jumped 32% on the day of the premiere
On Music Platforms:
- Immediately following the broadcast, Staats found himself sitting on top of Canada's All-Genres iTunes Song Chart with his new original song "The Lucky Ones", surpassing superstars Justin Timberlake and Ed Sheeran
- After only one day of sales, "The Lucky Ones" debuted Top 5 on the digital pop songs sales chart in Canada and #8 for all genres, and currently ranks among the Top 50 on Canadian Hot A/C radio
- "The Lucky Ones" has 100,000 streams already, and has been added to several prominent Canadian playlists on streaming services
On Social Platforms:
- #TheLaunch trended in Canada on Twitter throughout the duration of the broadcast and well into the night
- There were close to 13,000 mentions of THE LAUNCH-related terms driving a staggering 121.3 million potential impressions in the 24 hours surrounding the broadcast
- "The Lucky Ones" trended in Canada on its first day of release
"We are thankful to Canadians from coast-to-coast-to-coast for joining our superstar mentors and aspiring artists on the uncharted journey that is THE LAUNCH," said Mike Cosentino, President, Content and Programming, Bell Media. "The response to the show demonstrates a willingness among Canadians to embrace this entirely new, untried format, and we are delighted by the ensuing enthusiasm of audiences across social media, online, and on the streaming sites for both the show and the new song."
**MEDIA NOTE** – To download additional images of Logan Staats and THE LAUNCH, please visit BellMedia.ca/PR.
On the next episode of THE LAUNCH, "Ain't Easy" (Wednesday, Jan. 17 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO, and super simulcast on CTV Two and Much, and in French on VRAK), emerging artists Basil Phoenix, Divine Lightbody, Elijah Woods x Jamie Fine, JP Maurice, and LITEYEARS audition in front of celebrity mentors OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder, Grammy® Award-winner, Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles, and Scott Borchetta for the once in a lifetime opportunity to record a new original song that will be released this week.
Available on all digital platforms including CTV.ca, CTV GO, and CraveTV immediately following the broadcast, THE LAUNCH: DIRECTOR'S CUT features extended auditions of the three artists that appear in the episode, as well as those featured exclusively in this digital version.
THE LAUNCH is executive produced by Scott Borchetta, Randy Lennox and John Brunton; Paul Franklin and Lindsay Cox are Showrunners and Executive Producers; Executive Producers for Bell Media are Robin Johnston and Corrie Coe, who is also Senior Vice-President, Original Programming, Bell Media. Pat DiVittorio is Vice-President, CTV and Specialty Programming, Mike Cosentino is President, Content and Programming, Bell Media. Randy Lennox is President, Bell Media.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 16 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: Numeris, AMA: Live+4 days playback on CTV+CTV Two+Much+VRAK+Canal Vie. Cumulative Reach: all airings January 10-14, 2018, including all playback up to January 14, on CTV, CTV Two, Much, VRAK, Canal Vie and MTV, Key Demos: A18-34, A18-49, A25-54.
**Adobe Analytics & Brightcove Video Cloud, January 10-11, 2018
*Sysomos query: #TheLaunch OR @thelaunchctv OR "watching The Launch" OR "tv show The Launch" OR "Logan Staats" OR "Scott Borchetta" OR "Shania Twain" OR busbee OR @shaniatwain OR @scottborchetta OR @loganstaats OR @vivianhicks OR "the lucky ones" OR #theluckyones OR @HavelinOfficial OR @JuliaTofficial OR @therevelboys OR @CTV_Television
For further information: Natalie Cole, THE LAUNCH Publicist, [email protected] or 416.580.7741; Matthew Almeida, CTV Networks, [email protected] or 416.384.2629; Patricia Garcia, CTV Networks, [email protected] or 416.384.2645