– Teams to race for more than half-a-million dollars in prizes including $250,000 cash, free Business Class airfare for a year courtesy of Air Canada, Two Chevrolet Silverado High Country Edition Pickup Trucks, "Gas for Life" courtesy of Petro-Canada, as well as special pit stop prizes –
– Season 2 teams to be announced tomorrow through Friday –
– All-new season airs Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning July 8 on CTV –
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1vswZvI
TORONTO, June 16, 2014 /CNW/ - The record grand prize for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA just went super premium, CTV announced today. New to the biggest grand prize ever awarded for a Canadian competition series this season is "gas for life" from Petro-Canada. In addition, the winning team once again receives a $250,000 cash payout and the opportunity to fly free for a year anywhere Air Canada flies worldwide in Business Class, plus two Chevrolet Silverado High Country Edition Pickup Trucks. Teams are also competing for special pit stop prizes courtesy of Air Canada and Scotiabank, to be revealed during the broadcasts. The final teams competing this season will be announced tomorrow through Friday.
As announced earlier this month, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is set to anchor CTV's Summer 2014 schedule. The most-watched Canadian television series on record kicks-off its heart-pounding second season in a new timeslot, Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT, beginning July 8 on CTV and CTV GO.
**Media Note** – Download photography for THE AMAZING RACE CANADA at BellMediaPR.ca
"The stakes are raised – again," said Phil King, President - CTV, Sports, and Entertainment Programming, Bell Media. "Now it's up to the teams to seize the moment, and take home this historic grand prize. I can't wait to see how this year's race plays out."
"The brand support and prize package we have brought together for this season of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is unrivalled," said Laird White, Director, Brand Partnerships, Bell Media. "The robustness of the grand prize is truly a testament to the success of the series' freshman season."
In addition to winning a quarter-of-a-million dollars in cold hard cash, the winning team also receives:
The Trip of a Lifetime
- The opportunity to fly free for a year anywhere Air Canada flies worldwide (more than 180 destinations) in Business Class.
- Winners get a luxurious international travel experience with Air Canada International Business Class's unparalleled comfort with fully-flat seats, the latest in-flight amenities, personal seat back entertainment at every seat with hundreds of hours of movies, TV programs, and music available on demand, as well as standard 110V electrical outlets at arm's reach for all customers.
- Based on 10 trips for two.
"Air Canada is proud to be the airline that connects the racers to all the fantastic destinations of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA," said Craig Landry, Vice President of Marketing, Air Canada. "We at Air Canada admire the teams' continuous pursuit of excellence, and are thrilled to provide the winners with the opportunity to continue their journey of life fulfilling experiences on a global scale."
Two Silverado trucks
- Two of the Chevrolet Silverado High Country Edition.
- Voted 2014 North American Truck of the Year, the 2014 Silverado High Country embodies rugged luxury – craftsmanship, authenticity and functionality rolled into a truck that's stronger, smarter and more capable than ever.
"Whether using the High Country for work or play, passengers appreciate the functionality and craftsmanship built into the refined interior. The rugged stature of the truck is balanced by the luxuriously appointed cabin," said Kevin Williams, President and Managing Director, General Motors of Canada. "The team that wins THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is going to have to bring a passion for life and adventure to the Race and we think that this truck will be a great fit for those winners."
"Free Gas for Life"
- High-quality gasoline from Petro-Canada, a Suncor Energy business. Produced for all Canadian driving conditions, available at more than 1,450 Petro-Canada retail stations
- Based on a 50-year term
"As Canada's Gas Station, Petro-Canada knows how to keep Canadians moving from coast to coast," says Deborah Gullaher, Vice President, Marketing, Suncor. "We're excited to be a part of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, to cheer on the racers throughout their journey, and provide Free Gas For Life to the winning team."
Back this summer with all-new teams and exciting, edge-of-your-seat challenges, the most-watched Canadian television series on record returns for a second season of action-packed adventure. Hosted by Olympic champion and Canadian hero Jon Montgomery (@jrmonty12), Season 1 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA raced ahead of the pack with an average audience of 3.5 million viewers each week, and garnered two Canadian Screen Award wins for Best Photography in a Lifestyle or Reality/Competition Program or Series, and Best Writing in a Lifestyle or Reality/Competition Program or Series. The smash-hit original series vaulted into the record books as Canada's most-watched TV series last summer and the second most-watched television program of the entire broadcast year. Fans are encouraged to follow @AmazingRaceCDA and stay tuned to the CTV Facebook page for updates.
Commissioned by CTV, Season 2 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is produced by Insight Productions in association with CTV and with the support of Profiles Television.
Encore episodes of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA will air Saturdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT and Sundays at 5 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS: