- CTV properties stream more than twice the video than that of its closest Canadian broadcast competitor -
Link to this release: http://bit.ly/cghslp
TORONTO, Dec. 30 /CNW/ - By maintaining its stronghold as Canada's #1 provider of on-demand video online for the third year in a row, the CTV family of properties marks another milestone in the evolution of online video in 2010. Since 2008, CTV's online properties have been the #1 Canadian-owned online video network. This past year, CTV properties have streamed more than 500 million videos - an average of 53.8-million video streams each month and a 46% increase over 2009 - setting a new benchmark for the company.
Each month in 2010 CTV websites on average:
- Stream 53.8-million videos.
- Welcome 8.6-million unique visitors.
- Serve up 2.3 million hours of video.
- Deliver 389-million page views, a grand total of 4.3-billion page views for the year.
February marked a record high for video views during the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. There were more than 251 million page views** for CTVOlympics.ca and RDSolympiques.ca, nearly four times the amount achieved for Beijing 2008. In addition, there were 28.5 million videos streamed online with an additional 6 million on YouTube, 7.2 million hours of live and on-demand video consumed online, and 1.5 million live chat readers.***
"Our strategy is to give our audience more -- more choice, more premium content, and more opportunities to access the best content offered anywhere online in Canada," said Alon Marcovici, Executive Vice-President of Digital Media, CTV Inc. "These numbers illustrate that we're connecting with our audience and delivering the quality CTV experience that Canadians crave."
Highlights by site for 2010
- CTV.ca is #1 among Canadian premium streaming sites for online video with more than 11 million videos streamed each month.
- Top shows on CTV.ca in 2010*:
- GREY'S ANATOMY
- DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES
- GOSSIP GIRL
- CRIMINAL MINDS
- PRIVATE PRACTICE
- AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL
- THE BIG BANG THEORY
- DEGRASSI: THE NEXT GENERATION
- MTV breakout hit JERSEY SHORE was the #1 most-streamed show on any CTV-owned site in 2010, with an incredible 60 million video views.*
- MuchMusic.com and MTV.ca have significantly increased online video audience in 2010 with average monthly unique viewers for mtv.ca increasing by 53% and muchmusic.com by 52%.*
- Video views on mtv.ca have averaged 15.4 million monthly, up 155% from 2009.*
- Sports powerhouse TSN.ca enjoyed a 34% increase in page views in 2010 over 2009, and also saw increases in unique visitors, unique viewers and videos viewed.
- Sports fans love watching TSN online, with live and on-demand sports, game highlights and news earning nearly 90 million total video views.
- The Comedy Network extended its online reach with a 26% increase in unique visitors from November 2009 to November 2010.
- With red-hot THE DAILY SHOW and COLBERT REPORT, and the return of CONAN over 30.1 million video streams have been served up this year.
- Discovery has seen over 200% increase in video views since launching a new video player launched in October.* It features all the Discovery properties consolidated into one library and enhanced video definition.
- November 2010 saw a four-fold increase in video views over November 2009.
- Since launching new site in early November, engagement on Spacecast.com is up with 22% more page views.*
In an industry known for change, CTV's online video properties are a proven frontrunner in digital delivery of best in entertainment, news, sports and information in Canada.
CTV's online properties attract almost 8.6-million unique visitors on average each month and see more than 389-million page views. CTVglobemedia gives Canadians the best trans-platform content through dynamic delivery systems including video online, websites, user generated content sites, mobile optimized sites and apps. CTVglobemedia has a combined online community reach 1.4 million on Facebook, Twitter and other networking platforms. Parent portals www.ctv.ca and www.theglobeandmail.com are the gateways to Canada's online network.
CTV, Canada's Olympic Network, is also Canada's largest private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV is Canada's most-watched television network. CTV Inc. also owns radio stations across the country and owns or has interests in leading national specialty channels, featuring news, sports, factual, arts, entertainment, music, youth and fashion programming. Official broadcaster of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games and London 2012 Games of the Olympiad, CTV Inc. is owned by CTVglobemedia Inc., Canada's premier multi-media company, which also owns Canada's national newspaper, The Globe and Mail. More information about CTV may be found on the network's website at www.ctv.ca.
All numbers are comScore data averages based on January 2010 - November 2010 inclusive, unless otherwise noted. comScore Media Metrix for display numbers, and comScore Video Metrix for video.
Statement, 'Canada's most-popular online video network,' based on yearly average of Unique Viewer data from May 2008 through to November 2009.
**Omniture, plus Flurry for iPhone app
***Cover it Live
For further information: For further information:
Carolyn Fell, CTV Digital, 416-384-2817,[email protected]