– All series see increases with total viewers and in all key adult demos versus the same time last year, widening the lead over their closest competitors –
– ETALK remains the #1 entertainment news program in Canada, while THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW and THE SOCIAL are the Top 2 Canadian lifestyle series –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1oZKNPa
TORONTO, Nov. 18, 2014 /CNW/ - Following nine weeks of final data from Numeris (BBM Canada), CTV's daily in-house original productions are seeing substantial growth, with double-digit increases in both total viewers and in all key adult demos versus the same time last year. Up 18% with total viewers, ETALK remains Canada's #1 entertainment news program and currently averages nearly 700,000 viewers each night. As anchors of CTV's hit daytime lineup, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW and THE SOCIAL are the Top 2 Canadian lifestyle series. THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW is seeing a 25% increase for its fifth season, currently averaging 274,000 viewers, while THE SOCIAL's second season is averaging 249,000 viewers, up 61%. As all series continue to see audience growth, they also increase the advantage over their closest competitors, with ETALK leading ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT CANADA (Global) by 75% with total viewers, and THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW and THE SOCIAL more than doubling the audiences of CITYLINE (City) and THE STEVEN AND CHRIS SHOW (CBC).
"Day in and day out our top-rated in-house productions produce content that connects with our loyal audiences in this very competitive market," said Nanci MacLean, Vice-President, Bell Media Production. "Our continued growth over the competition this Fall is rooted in the strength of our amazing hosts and production teams who continue to lead the field in entertaining, engaging, and informative television."
"The popularity of all of CTV's daily original productions, as well as their flexible formats, perfectly lend themselves to both customized sales opportunities and engaging brand integrations," said Perry MacDonald, Senior Vice-President, CTV Sales.
**Media Note** Photography from ETALK, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW, and THE SOCIAL is available online at BellMediaPR.ca
- The series has seen double-digit increases in all key demos: +10% A18-34, +25% A18-49, and +20% A25-54.
- Reaching 5.2 million viewers a week on CTV alone, ETALK garnered a season-high audience of 944,000 viewers on Oct. 6, 2014, its third-highest audience on record over 13 seasons.
- The series consistently wins its 7 p.m. timeslot, leading ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT (Global/CBS) head-to-head by +38% with total viewers, +33% A18-34, +62% A18-49, and +51% A25-54.
- ETALK has also continued to see growth over ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT CANADA (Global), leading by +75% with total viewers, as well as +56% A18-34, +91% A18-49, and +83% A25-54.
THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW:
- With a weekly reach of 2.2 million viewers on CTV, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW has experienced growth in all key demos: +47% A18-34, +39% A18-49, +22% A25-54.
- On Oct. 10, 2014 the series achieved a season-high audience of 349,000, its highest in over a year.
- In the key female demos, the series is also up year-over-year: +57% F18-34, +52% F18-49, and +40% F25-54.
- THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW more than doubles the audience of fellow Canadian morning lifestyle show CITYLINE (City) with total viewers (+141%), as well as in the key A18-49 demo (+147%), and more than quadruples its audience in the key A18-34 demo (+342%).
- Currently reaching 2.4 million viewers on CTV each week, the series has seen an increase in all key demos: +71% A18-34, +81% A18-49, and +51% A25-54.
- THE SOCIAL achieved a series-high audience of 389,000 viewers on Sept. 23, 2014.
- The series has nearly doubled last year's ratings in the key F18-34 (+88%) and F18-49 (+95%) demos.
- Currently more than doubling the total audience (+162%) of fellow Canadian afternoon lifestyle series THE STEVEN AND CHRIS SHOW (CBC), THE SOCIAL also more than quadruples its audience in the key A18-34 (+364%) and A18-49 (+311%) demos, and more than triples its audience in the A25-54 (+262%) demo.
Hosted by Ben Mulroney, with Senior Reporter Danielle Graham, Reporters Lainey Lui, Traci Melchor, Devon Soltendieck, and L.A. Correspondent Jessi Cruickshank, ETALK is the #1 most-watched entertainment newsmagazine in Canada. From the OSCARS® and the EMMY® Awards, to the GOLDEN GLOBE®, and JUNO Awards, ETALK is front-and-centre, delivering up-to-the-minute news in film, television, music, and more. Celebrating both home-grown talent and international stars, ETALK became the first daily Canadian entertainment newsmagazine when it launched in 2002. ETALK is produced by Bell Media Production, and Morley Nirenberg is Executive Producer. Nanci MacLean is Vice-President, Bell Media Production. Mike Cosentino is Senior Vice-President, Programming, CTV Networks. Phil King is President - CTV, Sports, and Entertainment Programming. ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET on CTV, 7:30 p.m. ET on CTV Two, at 6:30 p.m. ET on E!, and is available live on the CTV GO App and on demand following the broadcast at etalk.ca and on CTV GO (check local listings). More information about ETALK can be found at etalk.ca, as well as on Facebook and @etalkCTV.
About THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW
Hosted by Marilyn Denis and broadcast live before a studio audience, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW is a daily entertainment and lifestyle talk show featuring Canadian and international celebrities and experts, established and emerging alike. Celebrities who have appeared on THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW include Sir Elton John, Diane Keaton, Bradley Cooper, Shania Twain, Hugh Jackman, Michael Bublé, Lionel Richie, Amy Poehler, and many more. THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW is produced by Bell Media Production, and
Michelle Crespi is Executive Producer. Nanci MacLean is Vice-President, Bell Media Production. Mike Cosentino is Senior Vice-President, Programming, CTV Networks. Phil King is President - CTV, Sports, and Entertainment Programming. THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW airs live weekdays at 10 a.m. ET on CTV, 11 a.m. ET on CTV Two, and is available live on the CTV GO app and on demand following the broadcast at Marilyn.ca and on CTV GO (check local listings). More information about THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW, including ticket information, can be found at Marilyn.ca, as well on Facebook and @MarilynDenisCTV.
About THE SOCIAL
Co-hosted by Melissa Grelo, Cynthia Loyst, Lainey Lui, and Traci Melchor, with Digital Correspondent Jessica Allen, THE SOCIAL brings a fresh, daily perspective on the up-to-the-minute news, pop culture, and lifestyle topics that matter most to Canadians in a socially interactive format. Broadcast live in front of a studio audience, guests who have appeared on THE SOCIAL include Jessica Alba, Katy Perry, Daniel Radcliffe, Demi Lovato, Kim Cattrall, Chris Tucker, Michael Bublé, Jann Arden, and Zach Braff. THE SOCIAL is produced by Bell Media Production, and Michelle Crespi is Executive Producer. Nanci MacLean is Vice-President, Bell Media Production. Mike Cosentino is Senior Vice-President, Programming, CTV Networks. Phil King is President - CTV, Sports, and Entertainment Programming. THE SOCIAL airs weekdays at 1 p.m. (2 p.m. AT) on CTV, 2 p.m. ET on CTV Two, and 5 p.m. ET on E! and is available live on the CTV GO app and on demand following the broadcast at TheSocial.ca and on CTV GO (check local listings). More information about THE SOCIAL, including ticket information, can be found at TheSocial.ca, as well as on Facebook, @TheSocialCTV, Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 13 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: Numeris (BBM Canada). ETALK and THE SOCIAL: Sept. 2 – Nov. 2, 2014, final data; THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW Sept. 8 – Nov. 2, 2014, final data. Same weeks last year.
Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.
For further information: Matthew Almeida, ETALK and THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW, 416.384.2629 or [email protected]; Jacqui VanSickle, ETALK, 416.384.5091 or [email protected]; Tanya Koivusalo, THE SOCIAL, 416.384.2664 or [email protected]