- After 11 seasons, ETALK remains #1 in the country, pacing ahead of ET CANADA (+57%) and ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT (+7%) -
- Across all major award events to date, ETALK's post-show coverage beats ET CANADA's coverage with total viewers and all key adult demos -
- ETALK continues to see year-over-year growth -
- This season alone, ETALK improves its audience by 16% since last fall -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/WDA2OU
TORONTO, March 4, 2013 /CNW/ - Canadians have voted: ETALK delivers the most-watched coverage of the entertainment world and award shows. Looking at the Awards Season to date, ETALK is the overwhelming Canadian choice for red carpet and post-awards show coverage. From the start of awards season with the EMMYs®, to the biggest event in Hollywood, THE OSCARS®, and looking forward to; the Canadian Screen Awards, THE JUNO AWARDS, THE BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS, and the 2013 MUCHMUSIC VIDEO AWARDS, BBM data confirms ETALK remains the #1 destination viewers for post-awards show coverage all year round.
** Media Note ** Download photos for ETALK at BellMediaPR.ca
ETALK's Best Season to Date:
Experiencing growth in total viewers and the key A18-34 and A18-49 demos for the past four seasons in a row, ETALK is encountering its most-watched season to date in its 11th year:
- This season alone, ETALK paces ahead of its Canadian competitor ET CANADA by +57% and head-to-head competitor ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT by +7%.
- Season to date, ETALK averages 636,000 viewers per episode, up 4% from last season.
- Year-over-year, ETALK experienced growth among the key adult demos, ranging from +12% to +19%.
- Against ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT and ET CANADA, ETALK leads by double and triple digit percentages in the key demos A18-34 (+36%), A18-49 (+15%), and A25-54 (+14%) and A18-34 (+105%), A18-49 (+74%), and A25-54 (+69%) respectively.
- ETALK has seen a positive growth trend throughout its current season, growing 16% this winter, compared to its fall average.
Across six major award events this season, ETALK consistently delivered more viewers than its Canadian competitor ET CANADA on every occasion with total viewers and all key demos:
- ETALK's coverage of THE 64TH PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS® on Sept. 24, garnered 46% more viewers than ET CANADA (815,000 vs. 559,000), and also saw 49% more viewers in the key A18-34 demo.
- After the AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS were handed out, 206% more viewers tuned into ETALK (691,000 P2+) than ET CANADA (226,000 P2+) on Nov. 19. ETALK also lead in the key demos A18-34 (+110%), A18-49 (+200%), and A25-54 (+251%).
- ETALK's coverage of THE 70TH ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS on Jan. 14, garnered 37% more viewers than ET CANADA (952,000 vs. 696,000), and also saw 70% more viewers in the key A18-34 demo.
- After the Screen Actors Guild Awards had been handed out, 17% more viewers turned to ETALK than ET CANADA on Jan. 28 (670,000 vs. 572,000). ETALK also lead in the key demos A18-34 (+113%), A18-49 (+25%), and A25-54 (+20%).
- Music's biggest night saw 812,000 Canadians choose ETALK for its post GRAMMY AWARDS® coverage on Feb. 11, 30% more than ET CANADA (625,000).
- Viewers chose ETALK (844,000 P2+) for its Canadian post-OSCAR® coverage Feb. 25, up 12% from last year and 53% ahead of ET CANADA (552,000 P2+).
"So far this award season has been one of the most exciting in years," said Morley Nirenberg, Director of Production/Executive Producer, ETALK. "Canadians followed ETALK every step of the way as once again, we offered them the most unparalleled coverage in the country. In our 11th season, ETALK continues to make history as the country's most successful Canadian entertainment brand of all-time, and we couldn't be more honored by our audience's response."
And the celebrating doesn't stop for ETALK, as the team gets set to deliver wall-to-wall coverage of this weekend's Canadian Screen Awards tonight, Monday, March 4 at 7 p.m. ET on CTV.
ETALK is available on demand following the television broadcast on CTV.ca.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Ben Mulroney - @BenMulroney1976
Tanya Kim - @Tanya_Kim
Lainey - @LaineyGossip
Traci Melchor - @stayfabulous
Danielle McGimsie - @MissDMcG
Hosted by Ben Mulroney and Tanya Kim, ETALK is the #1 most-watched entertainment newsmagazine in Canada. From the OSCARS® and the EMMYs® to the JUNO Awards, ETALK is front-and-centre, delivering up-to-the-minute news in film, television, music and more. Celebrating both home-grown talent and international stars, ETALK became Canada's first daily Canadian entertainment newsmagazine when it launched in 2002. ETALK airs weeknights at 7 p.m. ET (check local listings) on CTV and at 6 p.m. ET on E!.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 10 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at ctv.ca.
- CTV -
Source: BBM Canada, 8/27/2012 - 2/24/2013 vs. same weeks in previous years.
Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Mark II meters
For further information:
Matthew Almeida, CTV and CTV Two, 416.384.2629 or email@example.com
Jacqui VanSickle, CTV and CTV Two, 416.384.5091 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Allie Page, CTV and CTV Two, 416.384.4596 or email@example.com