- Up 21% from last week, THE X FACTOR wins timeslot with a season overnight high 1.8 million viewers, as SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES slips 7% versus last week -
- Season premiere of CSI roars back with 2 million viewers -
- CTV Two's LAW AND ORDER: SVU season premiere up 11% over last year -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/TItpyk
TORONTO, Sept. 27, 2012 /CNW/ - CTV won night three of premiere week last night with total viewers and all key demos with an average audience of 1.9 million viewers from 8-11 p.m. Bolstered by an all-new episode of THE X FACTOR and the season premiere of CSI, Canada's most watched network's average audience was 73% higher than Global (1.1 million), and more than triple the audience of Citytv (530,000) on Wednesday night.
Up 21% from last week, THE X FACTOR started the night off on the right note at 8 p.m. with 1.8 million viewers, a season overnight high. Growing 26% in its second hour with A18-49, last night's two hour episode was also up 13% with A25-54 versus last week, while SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES slipped by 13% with A25-54 versus last week. Then at 10 p.m. the season premiere of CSI delivered 2 million viewers, winning its timeslot with total viewers and the key A25-54, and A18-49 demos in all markets.
A closer look at Wednesday night Primetime:
- THE X FACTOR won its timeslot from 8-10 p.m. with total viewers and all key demos with a 16% advantage over Global (SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES /GO ON/ GUYS WITH KIDS, 1.58 million) and more than triple the audience of Citytv (THE MIDDLE/MODERN FAMILY, 583,000)
- In its second hour, THE X FACTOR saw incredible growth, up 20% with total viewers and also in the key demos; +26% (A18-49), +25% (A25-54), and +20% (A18-34).
- THE X FACTOR shows growth in all key demos versus last week; +21% (2+), +13% (A25-54) +7% (A18-34), and +2% (A18-49) while SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES (Global/CBS) saw sharp declines across the board: -7% (2+), -13% (A25-54), -31% (A 18-34), and -17% (A18-49).
- THE X FACTOR won its timeslot with A18-34, A18-49 and A25-54 in the key Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary markets.
- CSI's thirteenth season premiere delivered 2 million viewers on CTV, winning its timeslot with total viewers and all key demos and ranks as the #2 program of the night with total viewers and the key A25-54 demo.
Over on CTV Two, the Season 14 premiere of LAW AND ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT from 9-11 p.m., captured 805,000 viewers, up 11% vs. last year's premiere.
*Media Note** Photography for THE X FACTOR, CSI and LAW AND ORDER:SVU available online at BellMediaPR.ca
CTV is Canada's largest private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV is Canada's most-watched television network. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at ctv.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, overnight vs. overnight
For further information: