– Mi-Jung Lee and Scott Roberts named new co-anchor team for CTV NEWS AT SIX –
– Scott Hurst becomes lead anchor for CTV NEWS AT NOON and CTV NEWS AT FIVE –
– Michele Brunoro becomes Senior Reporter and Friday anchor of CTV NEWS AT NOON and CTV NEWS AT FIVE –
– Nafeesa Karim assumes a unique anchor and co-producer role for weekend editions of CTV NEWS AT SIX and CTV NEWS AT 11:30 –
VANCOUVER, Aug. 23, 2018 /CNW/ - CTV News Vancouver announced today the final phase of the station's major refresh of its locally focused newscasts.
The following CTV News Vancouver broadcasters assume new roles effective today (Thursday, Aug. 23):
- Mi-Jung Lee and Scott Roberts become the new co-anchor team for weekday editions of CTV NEWS AT SIX. A formidable team of veteran journalists, Lee and Roberts led CTV News Vancouver's RTDNA Award-winning newscast from the B.C. forest fires in the summer of 2017. Both have also been honoured with Jack Webster Awards for excellence in journalism in British Columbia.
- Scott Hurst becomes lead anchor for CTV NEWS AT NOON and CTV NEWS AT FIVE from Monday through Thursday, and continues to deliver comprehensive reports from the field on Fridays. A familiar and trusted face to CTV News Vancouver viewers, Hurst has previously reported on a multitude of noteworthy stories including the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games, the Vancouver Port chemical fire in 2015, and the 2017 provincial election.
- Michele Brunoro continues her role as senior reporter for CTV News Vancouver newscasts from Monday through Thursday, and takes over as Friday anchor of CTV NEWS AT NOON and CTV NEWS AT FIVE. Raised in the Fraser Valley, Brunoro maintains a strong passion for her local community and has been recognized with three Jack Webster Awards, most recently for her contributions to the coverage of B.C.'s opioid crisis.
- Nafeesa Karim assumes a unique anchor and co-producer role for weekend editions of CTV NEWS AT SIX and CTV NEWS AT 11:30. In this newly created role, Karim will assist with managing editorial decisions for weekend newscasts, and contribute additional reports on local breaking news throughout the week.
To view full press release, click here.
SOURCE CTV News
For further information: Rob Duffy, Bell Media, 416.384.5717 or email@example.com; Matthew Garrow, Bell Media, 416.384.5258 or firstname.lastname@example.org