TORONTO, Dec. 8 /CNW/ - On December 1, 2010, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice ordered Mr. Donn Errol Gaudin to comply with sections 27, 30 and 33 of the Regulated Health Professions Act, upon hearing an application made by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Mr. Gaudin is affiliated with The Canadian Centre for Integrated Health Studies, located at both 30 and 32 Sword Street, Toronto, Ontario.
In particular, Mr. Gaudin, his employees, servants, agents or any person acting under his instructions is ordered to refrain from:
- performing controlled acts in the course of providing health care services to any individual;
- treating or advising a person with respect to his or her health in circumstances in which it is reasonably foreseeable that serious bodily harm may result from the treatment or advice or from an omission from them;
- using the title "doctor", a variation or abbreviation in the course of providing or offering to provide health care;
- using the title "physician", a variation or abbreviation;
- holding himself out as a person who is qualified to practice in Ontario as a physician or in a specialty of medicine.
The grounds on which the application was made include that Mr. Gaudin:
- is not a member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario;
- refers to himself as "Donn E. Gaudin, MD", "Dr. Gaudin", "Donn Gaudin PhD Dr. Med", "Donn E. Gaudin PhD Dr. Med", and "Dr. P. Newberry" in the course of providing and offering to provide health care to individuals, despite being requested to cease this practice;
- holds himself out as a person who is qualified to practice in Ontario as a physician or in a specialty of medicine, and performs controlled acts, including the following:
- communicating to an individual or his or her personal representative a diagnosis identifying a disease or disorder as the cause of symptoms;
- performing a procedure below the dermis such as administering substances intravenously;
- administering a substance by injection; and
- putting an instrument, hand or finger beyond the labia majora and beyond the anal verge.
- Treats or advises individuals with respect to their health in circumstances in which it is reasonably foreseeable that serious bodily harm may result from the treatment or advice or from an omission from them.
For further information: For further information:
Should the public become aware of Mr. Donn Errol Gaudin practising medicine in Ontario without a licence, please contact the CPSO at:
Toll Free: 1-800-268-7096 Ext. 603
Email: [email protected]